how do you drive your car

jlat

hello people; I've been driving my 86T the last couple of weekends and I don't like the highway in it. It's fun for a while getting into the turbo on the on ramps but at a steady 70-80 I don't like it. I like backroads with curves and I don't like to jump on the gas from a light. Maybe sometimes but mostly not.
I've only seen one other TB in my area and it looked mint.
If you live in the Mass. area are you driving much lately.
IBBY

I live in Western Mass, and I drive mine as much as I can. I go to a couple different cruise nights during the week weather permitting. I love driving it! I'm taking it to Musclepalooza this weekend as a matter of fact. :cool:

Also in western ma and frequently cruise the gn and the gs through the twisties in the Berkshires. Beautiful scenery, no buttholes, nice rural roads. Ice cream stops. Priceless cruising territory.;)

Musclepalooza is Sunday Sept 4 at Lebanon valley dragway in ny. Racing and a show=:D

I drive it through the G body shuffle, I like getting up to speed. Highway not so much. My car is a work in progress and I have to figure out a few vibrations at stead speeds over 55 still. I like walking away from people and getting odd looks. I don't like when people pull out in front of me while doing 50 however.

All I got.

I drive mine very little. To track and back and will trailer going forward. As I have low miles I try not to put on too many miles more than 1/4 mile at time.

image.jpeg
A few weeks ago i drove mine headon into dump truck pulling a backhoe,guess who won that battle

Thanks, nobody got hurt,thank god. Just a little bump on the head. Just had car painted 2 weeks earlier,now starting all over.

I like back road cruises best but don't mind rolling down the highway. I hate getting stuck in traffic and I really hate parking at stores. I don't trust assholes parking beside me or possible thieves. The track is 40 miles away. I drive to it still.

11 second ready Commuter Beater Daily Driver ;):oops:o_O

Bring on those SUVeees. :p:cool:

26 miles each way uphill to work.....;) mostly I-91 highway or the Berlin Turnpike which is a 50 MPH divided highway.

PS: Gene that sucks. :(

Interstate driving isn't as enjoyable to me, except for the on ramps you mention <grin>. I haven't done too much of it, from what I recall 80 is pretty smooth, 85-90 there are some shakes (not sure if it's me or the car haha). When I am cruising I try to head toward rural areas like you, curvy roads or ones with elevation differences are my favorite. On those rural roads there is generally less traffic and opportunities to pass slow moving haulers. That is when I let the turbo sing. Generally speaking from a light I don't 'get on it' either. If someone flashes me a thumbs up I will give it a little extra to give them a grin, but usually under 5psi on the boost. I do love that turbo whistle though.

I do think our cars ride like no other and I drive mine any time the weather allows.

Along the same topic of this thread I recently learned, after blowing out my second gear, that driving with higher boost should be reserved only for WoT. I thought I was 'babying' my car by never opening her up 100% It turns out, that while i might have been babying my engine, without WoT the transmission valve train doesn't open up fully, and it puts a very hard strain on it. My car runs 18psi, but I would go 3/4 throttle and do some 12-15 for passing. So I was beating on my trans. Not sure if anyone else heard that, but figured I would share.