How do I fix my timing issue...

missin' 2

I'm running the tt sd2 chip right now and there is a perameter in the chip to put the ecm into diagnostic mode (locks timing at 15°.

I set the timing light to 15° and the line on the balancer is lined up with the 4° mark in the timing cover.

How do I get this to zero out?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok. I will do that tomorrow.

If it does???

If it doesn't??

set the timing light to 0 (turn off the dial-back) and check the timing that way.

Dialback lights can have issues with wastespark.

Bob

Ok so put it in diagnostic mode and look for the timing Mark to be at 15° on the timing cover.

yes, or just check the idle timing matches the power logger displayed timing.

Bob

I'm guessing it's right. I can't see the 28° mark on the timing cover so I set the timing light to 62° and the balancer was right on the 0° timing cover mark. Is that right?

I never use the dial-back lights, perhaps Eric will jump in here.

can you see the 15 degree mark? diag mode would put your timing there.

Bob

In your case, you could go into the spark table and set the cells around idle to 15* so you can see it better. If you're 4* advanced, set the timing ref. adjustment in the SD2 to -4 .

Diagnostic mode forces 15*, but once in diag mode it bypasses that ref adjust, so you won't see the timing correction in diag mode.

In your case, you could go into the spark table and set the cells around idle to 15* so you can see it better. If you're 4* advanced, set the timing ref. adjustment in the SD2 to -4 .

Diagnostic mode forces 15*, but once in diag mode it bypasses that ref adjust, so you won't see the timing correction in diag mode.

When I put it in diagnostic mode I see 15° on the timing cover with no setback