How do I Find the Original Owner of my GN?

bruiser3138

I have a very clean, all original 1987 GN with only 6600 miles. As far as I know I am the 3rd owner of this GN and would like to find ORIGINAL owner.

Any suggestions?

Car Fax is of no help because it does not list Owner's names, as you know. Feedback would be greatly apprreciated!

Regards,

You r local DMV may tell you IF they don't have some sort of privacy act thing going. It's been said back in the day they all used to give you a "title trace" if you wanted/needed it, but now I hear only some DMV's still do this while others will not tell you.

Sometimes if you know a police officer they can look up previous times its been regiestered.My father had a state tropper he knows look it up for his 67 camaro.It wasnt the most complete list but gave him some info to go off of.

Did you get any original papers or booklets with the car? Or do you know where the car originated from and possibly the dealer who originally sold it? Just a thought, but you might be able to call the original selling dealer if still in business and track down the original owner. I've had some of these cars that had the warranty booklets with the original owners name and address written on the front cover. Hope that helps.

Most dealers nowadays are not allowed/will not give out any "personal-type information--all scared chitless due to liability concerns yada-yada:(

Many years after I bought mine, I learned how to pop out the back seat. In there was a deposit slip from the original owner, so I mailed him and did get a response a couple of weeks later.

I just went through the receipts that came with the car. My car has many more miles than the OP's (169,000) but I'm still only the 3rd owner. There's a receipt I have from when the transmission was rebuilt about 30,000 miles ago with the original owner's info on it. He was the one who put most of the miles on the car (about 157,000 of them) from mainly highway driving to and from work. The next guy put about another 6,000 miles on it before I bought it and I've added another 6,000 since then. Still looks like it has 69,000 miles instead of 169,000 though...