HOW DID WE GET ALONG WITHOUT THE dbb,gt,gtq,ect,ect,ect.

John Crawford ran 9.8X? @ 140+ with a Cast t04z about 10 years ago iirc.
If I had a goal of running 9.8X? @ 140+ today,would you recommend a cast wheel/journal bearing 6776 or would you recommend one of the newer billet wheeled ball bearing turbos?

6766 billet for sure. The p trim is done in the mid 130s. The 66 flows way more and spools quicker. Ball bearing is up to you. The journal bearing 6766 spools plenty fast. Out of the turbos I have run on my current engine, i havent seen a real difference between bb or jb. I have a jb 7168 that out spools a bb 7270.

billet stuff is far better.on a strong 109 i can spool a billet 69mm bb faster than a cast 66mm of old,yet the 69 can run well beyond 90lbs/minute.the 64bb billet is the turbo that is impressive to me,80+lbs/minute with super fast spool just about idled in boost:)

the 64bb billet is the turbo that is impressive to me,80+lbs/minute with super fast spool just about idled in boost:)
My 6776 spools so much faster since the installation of my 273 inch,9.3/1 compressioned v6. The new problem that was created was that my turbo ran out of breath at 24 lbs. I've been thinking about the Turbonetics 6465 billet for a long time and have concluded that this will be my next and last upgrade. I will finally be able to say that I don't want to make anymore horsepower. Can you imagine what it will spool like on my big engine. God help my traction issues.

To the OP's question "How did we get along before this new technology?" We were forced to because we didn't have it. Now that we have it,we don't just get along,we accel.

My 6776 spools so much faster since the installation of my 273 inch,9.3/1 compressioned v6. The new problem that was created was that my turbo ran out of breath at 24 lbs. I've been thinking about the Turbonetics 6465 billet for a long time and have concluded that this will be my next and last upgrade. I will finally be able to say that I don't want to make anymore horsepower. Can you imagine what it will spool like on my big engine. God help my traction issues.

To the OP's question "How did we get along before this new technology?" We were forced to because we didn't have it. Now that we have it,we don't just get along,we accel.

Hi, i'd be careful with that turbo unless you're swapping out exhaust housings it only comes with a .63 smaller exhaust housing... on a fkn 273 ci motor? Ur going the wrong way....

6870 or Pte 71 or equivalent with the right exhaust housing imo

The turbonetics 65f1 turbine is a turd compared to the precision 66. The 68f1 turbine hits hard on a 4.1 based engine with compression, as does the 6870. The 6870 is the quickest spooling turbo I have had on my car, 7168 JB and 7668 JB are the next and the 7270 BB was the slowest to get going. But all work extremely well on the street.

i'd be careful with that turbo unless you're swapping out exhaust housings it only comes with a .63 smaller exhaust housing..
actually it doesnt,usually a pte.63 but it can be ordered with any3 or 4 bolt ex housing

The turbonetics 65f1 turbine is a turd compared to the precision 66.
think you have it backwards,if we are taking about spool.if its overall flow i have run a tnetics 64billet over 80lbs/a minute with both a 65f1 ex wheel and a 68f1 ex wheel on a high compression 109.

I havent run a 6776 to compare.
Yes, the 6870 does spool the quickest, the 71 and 76 jb spool faster than the 7270 BB. Interesting with the same turbine as the 6870, the larger heavier compressor made that big of a spool up difference.
As far as 65 vs 66 turbine. I have 3 very similar build, 1 has the older billet 6765 precision, 2 have the 6766. They spool very similar. Amd the 6766 is a very snappy turbo on a 109.

It isnt an objectionable difference, but definitely noticeable. The 6870 made boost as soon as i stabbed the throttle. The 7668 precision was my favorite all around turbo on this car, and it was on a lower compression, small valve heads, and the front mount. I would love to try it again now.

John Crawford ran 9.8X? @ 140+ with a Cast t04z about 10 years ago iirc.
If I had a goal of running 9.8X? @ 140+ today,would you recommend a cast wheel/journal bearing 6776 or would you recommend one of the newer billet wheeled ball bearing turbos?

The journal MFS 6766 with a larger compressor cover would be what I’d use on a V6. Used plenty of them and they support 650whp without even trying on 9:1 iron headed engines at low manifold pressure. If I wanted to put on a ball bearing and spend about $1000 more it would be an EFR or GTX turbo. Also if you’re running 140+ you should be looking for 9.60 at the slowest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought he went 139.
The 6766 has been 151 By Jason White.
I've been 137 with a te63e.

Maybe. Can’t remember for sure. I’m sure it could be pushed to 143mph with everything right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The journal MFS 6766 with a larger compressor cover would be what I’d use on a V6.
This is the other turbo that might be in my future. If I decide on this one,I will purchase it from you. A local guy is running 145 mph with one of these. I think he's running a 130+ duration cam.

Too much cam
I could be wrong on the number,but it has more duration than I've seen anyone run in this forum perhaps 226-230. It has quite a lope at idle. He does it for the low rpm power loss as he races on the street. You should see how it leaves. What ever he has,it hits 145-146 in the quarter.

The 6870 made boost as soon as i stabbed the throttle.
how the turbo climbs as rpm rises is what was noticable to me and is one of the keys to running on the street,if left on power then no measurable difference but how much flow the turbo can deliver.