How bad was the track Bowling Green ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several told me it was very slick and only sprayed it once. If this true it needs to be moved. It has always been a slick track very average.

I get it...

This was a joke, right. It is pretty funny looking back at it. You forgot to put the smily faces in your post to show you werenot serious.

Or was this another hater i disguise?

The track without a doubt was good. It was a great 2 days when we had good weather. I believe the show went nicely. We had some very nice GN/TR cars there. It was great to see a family drive in with their rosewood T/R and 2 child seats in the back.

Peace out

Mike

People don't go to BG for track conditions, they go because its the Nationals and it won't survive anywhere else. You have to put up with the GSCA non sense such as not drying the track for eliminations this year but that's how it goes. People go because of everything else about it. The atmosphere, the covered stands, the camp ground, the city's layout serves hanging out with friends well. They have done much better with track prep over the last few years as well.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How long did you stay at the track?

Apparently not long after the call was made to cancel. Did you look at the forcast change mid morning? Did you look at the radar? These are all answers which you wll have to not support a complainit. The forecast changed from a 10AM clearing to after 3PM. I left the track at 2:30PM. It was still drizzling occassionally and heavy overcast. There was no way that track was going to be used Saturday, period!

Events are quite difficult to put on and decisions like Jim Carswell made are difficuly knowing what everyone has in stake. Of course, you would be complainng that they waited too long to call it if they waited until 1PM. Becouse people want to complain about something.

Mike

I understand that the weather played a part in the cancellation of the race during the day Saturday.... What I don't understand is why a premier track and largest Buick club could not turn the lights on Sat night or extend it til Sunday to get the race in.. Our local tracks do the same thing though, Promote a race for Saturday and never roll over to Sunday if it rains. It is what it is.

I hate driving 8 hours to race and turn around and go home after paying out entry fees etc. This year had the best turnout in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.