How bad is a Milkshake liquid in the radiator

qws2000

On my new white T with 119,544 miles, I opened the radiator cap and found a milky colored liquid... I had the car out for about 2hrs normal driving but noticed the temp at 202, so put the heat on and came home... My fault but it seems like these motors get hurt so easy...

It could mean that the oil cooler in the rad has a leak, if you're still using it. If so check the oil level in the motor to determine if and how much got in the cooling system.

The bitch is that it takes a lot to clean the system [cooling] if there is oil in it. I had to flush mine numerous times before there was no oil left in the cooling system and with all the flushing it took out my original heater core, so beware if you have to go down this road.

You will also have to either eliminate the oil cooler, or buy a new rad depending on the age/condition of it.

The big question is, is it motor oil or transmission fluid? Is the motor oil or transmission fluid milky? If you are lucky, and the engine and transmission are both clean, a new radiator would solve the problem.

hey zombie. this really brings back memories huh?remember the mess that resulted when that happened in my GS455 ? that one ended up costing me a transmission, but initially it seemed that it was the freshly rebuilt engine that knocked so bad it sounded like it was going to come apart. Turned out the knock was from all the excess the a/f in the torque converter.

[QUOTE="gsgnnut, post: 3490410, member: 46593"]hey zombie. this really brings back memories huh?remember the mess that resulted when that happened in my GS455 ? that one ended up costing me a transmission, but initially it seemed that it was the freshly rebuilt engine that knocked so bad it sounded like it was going to come apart. Turned out the knock was from all the excess the a/f in the torque converter.[/QUOTE]

hey zombie. this really brings back memories huh?
AAHHH the nineties, when I used to rip out a B/B 455 and put in another one and have it running in less than 2 hours!! Oh my aching back, love the memories and hanging out with you back then.

[ initially it seemed that it was the freshly rebuilt engine that knocked so bad it sounded like it was going to come apart. Turned out the knock was from all the excess the a/f in the torque converter.]

Yeah, that was a kick in the nuggets.

Something about hot rod Buicks, they always put a smile on your face one day and leave you cussing the next!!:ROFLMAO:

More than likely trans cooler ruptured inside of the radiator. Cooler lines will now need to be flushed and trans itself. And pray the coolant didn't swell any o-rings or gaskets inside the trans :(

My fault but it seems like these motors get hurt so easy...
actually the stock motor is a tough piece,fuel system and tune,tune,tune,needs to be in order.the more power that is made the more you have to stay on top with looking at things in real time.as yes the milkshake is real bad and you have to start taking things apart.