How accurate are the pressure transducers

WS6

Sock Monkey racing
How accurate are the pressure transducers like say the Autometer 2246 that's a 0-100psi range. I see it's used for fuel pressure and oil pressure gauges and it got me wondering how accurate it could be as used in an oil pressure gauge at lower, idle pressures.

I mean can these be trusted to be accurate to within a pound when it's reading 12 psi? Or could they have a 5-6% inaccuracy when used in thier end scale range.

I just installed some Auto Meter electric gauges and this post has mw wondering how accurate are they?...:confused:
Right now, I have "oil pressure", "water temperature", and "boost" gauges and I have room for one more, so I'm debating whether I should get a "volts" or "fuel pressure" gauge...?:redface:

thanks,

Claude. :smile:

fuel pressure for sure. i say there pretty damn accurate from what i can tell via datalog

Yeah, the transducer used in fuel pressure application i could see being accurate because it's mid scale.

It's using the same transducer for oil pressure that has me wondering if it can be accurate using it on the lower end of it's range. Like 0-10 psi.

We use them all the time and haven't seen any accuracy issues logging low pressures.

fuel pressure for sure. i say there pretty damn accurate from what i can tell via datalog

Yeah, that's what I thought I should get BUT...they want $229.95 :eek: for the "Fuel pressure" gauge vs. $49.95 for the "Volts" gauge...I guess I'll go with the "Volts" gauge then...:rolleyes:

Claude. :redface:

Yeah, the transducer used in fuel pressure application i could see being accurate because it's mid scale.

It's using the same transducer for oil pressure that has me wondering if it can be accurate using it on the lower end of it's range. Like 0-10 psi.

sorry my reply about the fuel pressure was for tofastforyou

tofastforyou-volts gauge is worthless IMOP. had one on my car now its gone. dont really need it. save for the fuel pressure one.

WS6 i agree with cal. the transducer seem accurate at low pressure as well as high

Okay, that's what I needed to know and from fellas like you and Cal. I feel better about using one over a mechanical and risk the chance of an interior leak.

As for the other question I agree that you would be hard pressed to find a more valuable gauge than a fuel pressure gauge. It was the first gauge I bought. Expensive? yes...worth every penny? absolutely!

sorry my reply about the fuel pressure was for tofastforyou

tofastforyou-volts gauge is worthless IMOP. had one on my car now its gone. dont really need it. save for the fuel pressure one.

WS6 i agree with cal. the transducer seem accurate at low pressure as well as high

Mine is within 1 lb of my mechanical? Not sure which is 100% correct?

Volt guages are Useless. Save your $$
A wideband XD-16 from Full Throttle is also a usefull guage.

Volt guages are Useless. Save your $$

Oh...Isn't it good to know if your battery has 12V. or if the alternator is charging or not?..:confused:...(I was under the impression that the voltage supply to the fuel pump was important and also if you're using a laptop...) I could be wrong...I dunno anymore...:frown:

Claude.:confused:

Toofastforyou- I'm sure your running some form of scan tool. You can view your voltage there. If not I have only had my charging system fail once and let me tell you it was obivious. I use the xfi to tell my voltage.

Ws6- I run both a transducer setup to read my oil pressure and I also have a machanical oil pressure gauge on the piller. I have never had a leak on the gauge. Only reason I'm using the transducer setup is to log the pressure at the track via the xfi.

Toofastforyou- I'm sure your running some form of scan tool. You can view your voltage there. If not I have only had my charging system fail once and let me tell you it was obivious. I use the xfi to tell my voltage.

Ws6- I run both a transducer setup to read my oil pressure and I also have a machanical oil pressure gauge on the piller. I have never had a leak on the gauge. Only reason I'm using the transducer setup is to log the pressure at the track via the xfi.

x2! Get the voltage reading from your scan tool. This way you are reading the voltage the ECM is seeing.

I do have a "Fast XFI" on my car but only got it last fall and haven't got familiar with it. I find it "intimidating", unless you have some computer know-how, which is not my case. I haven't even connect a laptop to it since it's installation. There is a "base" program in it and I do not dare touch anything, (too scared of screwing up the settings...) although some adjustments are necessary, especially in the "idle" department. I don't know why, but I find this "Fast" setup a little scary considering that you can go wrong easily and damage the engine.
About the "Volts" gauge, I thought that it would be easy to see as compared to viewing a laptop while driving...and last, if I put a laptop on the passenger seat, where will my girlfriend sit??...:biggrin:

Claude .

toofastforyou said:
...and last, if I put a laptop on the passenger seat, where will my girlfriend sit??...:biggrin:

Claude .

Now do you really want an answer to that? :eek:

The transducers are great.

Later AJ

With the internal logger, you don't need to have the laptop in the car. Just download the information after the pass. I would suggest doing this every time, just to make sure everything looks good. It won't effect the tune, and will allow you to familiarize yourself with the system. It's a shame to have such a powerful tuning tool and not make the most of it.

With the internal logger, you don't need to have the laptop in the car. Just download the information after the pass. I would suggest doing this every time, just to make sure everything looks good. It won't effect the tune, and will allow you to familiarize yourself with the system. It's a shame to have such a powerful tuning tool and not make the most of it.

I do have the internal data logger option. It's just that I haven't familiarized myself with the system yet and don't really know where to begin, so I left it alone for now...:frown:

Claude.