How about a bigger housing?

OneLethal87GN

R.I.P. Lethal GN
It seems all the cold air kits come with a rather tight fitting housing. Taking the housing off reduces restriction, but defeats the purpose of the kit by allowing hot underhood air to get to the filter. Some stick the filter outside the engine compartment, behind the headlight. I'm worried the filter may get knocked off going down the road or suck up alot of water when it's raining. More than one friend of mine made their own housing by blocking off the entire front corner of the engine compartment where the filter sits. This keeps hot air away from the filter, but at the same time allows alot more room for the filter to suck in air. Why hasn't anyone made a factory looking housing like this by now? I plan on removing my filter housing and fabbing up one like they run, unless someone can fab these up for me. I'm sure they will sell very good if done right.

I've been wanting to do that for a long time.
What material did they use to fab the housing?
I was thinking of using fiberglass sheets to form
most of the housing, and a flat sheet metal top cover.

A friend of mine with a TTA completely enclosed his front corner with sheet metal I believe. He also covered the side facing the engine with reflective padding. Another guy took a piece of sheet metal, stood it up vertically, rounded it to enclose the corner area when the hood was closed, and cut a hole for the filter to slide through. It doesn't seem to be needed when temps are in the 30s and 40s but would seem to do alot of good when the hot weather comes.