Houston Area Help

PCMusicGuy

So I bought a TTA and I need a bit of help. It is running and driving fine, but I have no experience with this drivetrain and I'm hearing sounds that I don't know if it is normal or not. Additionally, the previous owner did many modifications such as a turbotweak chip, scanmaster and powerlogger, but never got the explanation of how it works. Is there anyone that wouldn't mind showing me the ropes so to speak when it comes to this engine?

So I bought a TTA and I need a bit of help. It is running and driving fine, but I have no experience with this drivetrain and I'm hearing sounds that I don't know if it is normal or not. Additionally, the previous owner did many modifications such as a turbotweak chip, scanmaster and powerlogger, but never got the explanation of how it works. Is there anyone that wouldn't mind showing me the ropes so to speak when it comes to this engine?

where are you located? As far as the chip goes, it does it's thing unless you modify settings via powerlogger. Scanmaster is just visible data so you can prevent or watch a granading in real time. Powerlogger is a laptop based datalogger for tuning. You can PM me if you want my number.

I'm up in the Tomball area. I knew the TurboTweak chip is hands off. On the scanmaster I was able to cycle through the button and see a whole bunch of different pieces of info. I'm sure I can find a manual and sort out what they mean. There is a little card slot, maybe for an SD card related to the power logger? I haven't researched or sorted that out. Additionally, I'm not too sure what the most important things to watch for on the scan master. Looks like the previous owner left it on AFR, but since there is a separate gauge for that, it seems kind of redundant.

I'm up in the Tomball area. I knew the TurboTweak chip is hands off. On the scanmaster I was able to cycle through the button and see a whole bunch of different pieces of info. I'm sure I can find a manual and sort out what they mean. There is a little card slot, maybe for an SD card related to the power logger? I haven't researched or sorted that out. Additionally, I'm not too sure what the most important things to watch for on the scan master. Looks like the previous owner left it on AFR, but since there is a separate gauge for that, it seems kind of redundant.
Hey I'm in hockley! I'm not an expert by any means but I'm a hell of a mechanic if you need help. Doing head gaskets on my 87 regal currently.

Hey I'm in hockley! I'm not an expert by any means but I'm a hell of a mechanic if you need help. Doing head gaskets on my 87 regal currently.

I'd like to know if what I am hearing is normal or not. A 30+ year old car is bound to make some noises but, I'm just not sure what noises are cause for concern or not, lol. I'm not an idiot, but I just have no frame of reference. I'm hearing something that sounds like either the downpipe rubbing against the frame or the rear end making unusual noises. If you are available the weekend of the 31st, I wouldn't mind driving out to Hockley and treating you to lunch for your experienced opinion.

I'd like to know if what I am hearing is normal or not. A 30+ year old car is bound to make some noises but, I'm just not sure what noises are cause for concern or not, lol. I'm not an idiot, but I just have no frame of reference. I'm hearing something that sounds like either the downpipe rubbing against the frame or the rear end making unusual noises. If you are available the weekend of the 31st, I wouldn't mind driving out to Hockley and treating you to lunch for your experienced opinion.
No lunch necessary. I am usually pretty good with diagnosing noises. We can just go up and down the street and figure out your noises. I have a jack and some stands if you want to get underneath and we can check it out as well. I dont believe we have plans that weekend so it shouldn't be a problem.

No lunch necessary. I am usually pretty good with diagnosing noises. We can just go up and down the street and figure out your noises. I have a jack and some stands if you want to get underneath and we can check it out as well. I dont believe we have plans that weekend so it shouldn't be a problem.

Good deal. I appreciate the offer. I'll contact you again during the week prior to the weekend to make sure nothing has come up and then we can finalize a meeting time.

and for good measures...open the hood, you'll see a little stopper center hood just below the windshield. rub a dab of vaseline on it.