Hotchkis vs Edelbrock

nonova0074

Ok guys, I know one of the first things I do when I get a Gn is gonna be suspension cause I know a 20+ year old one is gonna be worn out. I plan on running GTA wheels with a 255/50 and a Nitto 275/50 out back. I was wondering what your thoughts are on a total suspension system Hotchkis vs Edelbrock. I want to run new springs,sways, rear arms and shocks.
Thanks
Rob

suspension

Just my opinion but why spend so much on the commercialized Hotchkis stuff when we have so many good vendors on here that sell excellent proven components for great prices. The H&R stuff is outstanding. Our vendors have everything from budget to wild. Basic DOM steel tubing powder coated to full billet pieces. Check out this page. Many to choose from.

https://www.gbodyparts.com/index.ph...age=2&osCsid=0dd2e83ab317ddfc8ed54f039f84d7d2

Just my opinion but why spend so much on the commercialized Hotchkis stuff when we have so many good vendors on here that sell excellent proven components for great prices. The H&R stuff is outstanding. Our vendors have everything from budget to wild. Basic DOM steel tubing powder coated to full billet pieces. Check out this page. Many to choose from.

https://www.gbodyparts.com/index.ph...age=2&osCsid=0dd2e83ab317ddfc8ed54f039f84d7d2

x2. I would go with someone who specializes in our cars. HR sway bars are absolute money!

edelbrock works great. the uppers are a superior design compared to most others. ive had em on my car for the past 6 years and still going strong

Hotchkis vs Edelbrock

All of the Edelbrock suspension parts are made by Hotchkis...............same stuff just painted red and logo stickers put on. Funny how the Edelbrock parts are usually a bit easier on the wallet.......:biggrin:

Hotchkis vs Edelbrock

All of the Edelbrock suspension parts are made by Hotchkis...............same stuff just painted red and logo stickers put on. Funny how the Edelbrock parts are usually a bit easier on the wallet.......:biggrin:

look at the difference between a hotchkiss upper and an edelbrock upper

Looks like I would go with Edelbrock cause its the same kit plus you get shocks for the same price,

So any expericance with the edelbrock system

If you have $1500 burning a hole in your pocket, it's going to be as good as any other, and really shiny. Their upper arm design is correct, using a spherical bearing instead of a poly bushing on both ends, so you won't be introduced to the poop-in-your-pants binding and snap oversteer you get when you put poly in the rear UCAs, like you see in the HRParts UCA's.

You will need to periodically (annually, probably, depending on how much you drive and how dirty the car gets) pull the arms and inspect the spherical bearings for wear and dirt, even if the documentation that comes with them says you don't need to.

There's nothing special about the rest of the parts in the kit, but they do make it easy by putting it all in the same box. Price of convenience.

You can accomplish the same thing by boxing the stock arms and getting quality OE rubber rear arm bushings, some off-the-shelf Moog springs, and a set of Bilstein shocks, for probably half the price of the Edelbrock kit. It just won't all come in one box and it won't be as snappy looking.