Hot Wire Kit

thomas cory

Toms GN
I installed a Hotwire Kit, really didn’t notice much difference. May work better the other voltage kits offered like Casper’s voltage booster and Casper’s Field Fix Alt. Maybe with all three of these will make a difference????? Anyone know ?

The factory wiring (and fuel pump for that matter) was barely adequate back in 1987. A properly installed hotwire kit ensures good voltage to the pump but it won't necessarily make a seat of the pants difference, if that was your expectation. If you still have the stock pump you should change that too.

A Caspers volt booster will give you a couple more volts at about 70% throttle giving you a hotter spark and increased fuel delivery.

Without a properly working VOLTS lamp you will have charging issues. The Caspers Field Fix ensures the charging system will continue to function even if the VOLTS lamp in the dash burns out. It is not needed if you have a "resistor bulb" already in the dash.

I installed a Hotwire Kit, really didn’t notice much difference. May work better the other voltage kits offered like Casper’s voltage booster and Casper’s Field Fix Alt. Maybe with all three of these will make a difference????? Anyone know ?
What were you expecting? If your pretty much stock with a stock pump you won't notice any difference. It all depends on the fuel demand of the engine. If you have adequate fuel pressure with the stock wiring then a hot wire kit will make no difference. The hot wire kits become necessary when you are running larger pumps and higher fuel demands from the engine. It all depends on your build.

What were you expecting? If your pretty much stock with a stock pump you won't notice any difference. It all depends on the fuel demand of the engine. If you have adequate fuel pressure with the stock wiring then a hot wire kit will make no difference. The hot wire kits become necessary when you are running larger pumps and higher fuel demands from the engine. It all depends on your build.
Thanks, I appreciate your input. I’ve left my car stock for the last 10 years, as of this year I’ve added larger turbo, Injectors, chip from Turbo Tweak, downpipe, intercooler and intake system. I was told the Hotwire kit was a must. So I believe I’m on the right track.

Thanks, I appreciate your input. I’ve left my car stock for the last 10 years, as of this year I’ve added larger turbo, Injectors, chip from Turbo Tweak, downpipe, intercooler and intake system. I was told the Hotwire kit was a must. So I believe I’m on the right track.
All those upgrades and still on the stock fuel pump?

You'll notice a difference when that stock pump fails at boost. :rolleyes:

I have ordered a fuel pump and torque converter. Will install as pats come in.
This all stated when my turbo went out. It stated a landslide of adding performance parts. I do want to keep as a driver. Not looking to race the car or take away the dependability of it.

That's kinda the way our cars work , one simple part probably want get ya no where , Its a recipe with these cars . Certain upgrades support other upgrades . Are you still running the stock exhaust ?

That's kinda the way our cars work , one simple part probably want get ya no where , Its a recipe with these cars . Certain upgrades support other upgrades . Are you still running the stock exhaust ?
Been running a Magnaflow exhaust , but it’s time to replace it. Was looking at RJC and GN1 cat back systems . What do you suggest

RJC makes a great 3" crossflow exhaust that has one stock location muffler , GN1 is nice and Pypes has also started making a nice 3" . The only difference is the steel , 304 grade will not rust . Just something to keep in mind when buying . Good Luck

RJC makes a great 3" crossflow exhaust that has one stock location muffler , GN1 is nice and Pypes has also started making a nice 3" . The only difference is the steel , 304 grade will not rust . Just something to keep in mind when buying . Good Luck
Great !!! I appreciate your input :) the 4” single shot looks great !