Hot Air Stroker

Final comment before I bow out.

If you have a 109, it's not a waste. You already own the block so why not use it? Finding a 14 bolt block may not be as easy as it appears. The 109 block is not superior in strength so it's not an advantage to use it for a higher HP build.

Member Steve V in your thread . . . PM him and ship him a block, Have him build the short block at a minimum. You will be happy you did.

If you want a complete 9 sec capable HA engine setup, PM Boost231.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Jerryl. We actually have chatted before. When I saw his post I figured I'd chime in. We texted this morning as well. He's bringing me his block tomorrow afternoon.

I noticed you said to convert your hotair you stated it was a long and expensive project . Would you have gained more power building your hotair . ?Building a hotair block and a intercooled block would cost the same and you would get more power out of the intercooled motor. Personally I would just build a nice intercooled motor . And as far as aluminum heads go if you do get them port them to make them worth swapping. If you just bolt on aluminum heads you would be getting about the same power as a ported set of irons . So if going aluminum heads just doing the basic porting on them really improves the flow and would make it worth swapping .
What I did was convert my Hot Air to a full 87 power train. I changed out the engine, tranny and the wiring harness. The hardest part was all of the details that had to get done as well. The car was basically trashed so I fully restored it. All the bushings, fuel lines, the fuel pump, fuel tank and the interior. So, yes, it was in a way a long expensive project. This car, which I will be fully restoring as well, I have decided to keep as a HA. I'm hoping that this project won't be as long or as expensive.

Jack just dropped of his block, we had a really nice chat. I will get him fixed up and rolling in due time.

Finding a 4.1 is difficult and/or expensive. Plus, I'm not sure that a 4.1 would be used to its full potential as a Hot Air.