HOT-AIR REGISTRY, join here!

My WH1 was built and delivered to the dealership on October 15th 1984 but is a 1985 model year Turbo Regal. Not sure its worthy of the 1984 HOT AIR TURBO registry :cool:
WOW - talk about unique - how does that even happen - you got it in 1984, but it is an '85 year - I wonder how many others there are - looks like I should add a new category - email me and I will reply with what I am all about and a PDF of the registry so far. phil@zynetonline.com

WOW - talk about unique - how does that even happen - you got it in 1984, but it is an '85 year - I wonder how many others there are - looks like I should add a new category - email me and I will reply with what I am all about and a PDF of the registry so far. phil@zynetonline.com
Did it have the changes to the car from 1984 like intake manifold changes, non-Lear Siegler seats, etc.?

Yes, Intake Manifold same as 84. Non Lear Seats. Came with the Trim 383- Bucket Seats in Gray Cloth & N-90 Turbine wheels & Grand Touring Suspension.
1680966136146.jpeg

I have since changed out the wheels to the 87 GN & changed out the carpet & seats to the 87 GN and boxed them up if I decide to go back to OEM. I like the 87 GN spin on the WH1 Designer Package.

as far as I remember the differences are below for the block -

BLOCK DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ’84 AND ’85 GN

Different casting, oil pan, valley, no drain back hole and lower deck.

84 - 14 bolt pan 85 – 20 bolt pan

85 - new front cover

85 – torque to yield non-reusable head bolts 84 reusable

I had a chance to verify the casting number & oil pan on my 85 T-Type built in the fall of 84. Interesting enough, the block GM used in Sept / Oct '84 for my Turbo Regal was the 3.8L RWD Regal - Casting #25524140 & according to the literature, the 1985 Turbo Regal is Casting #25520329. The '84 Turbo Regals used the Casting #25520040. Not sure the significance of all of this is, but intriguing.