Hot air problem

ehall85

I've driving my car a lot lately because the cold air is making it run extremely nice, but it seems like when I floor it, it noses over. The car is 100% stock except the air filter. I'm pretty sure it still has the factory fuel pump, and exhaust so maybe those are my problems.. Any suggestions?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

factory exhaust ,i would deffinately get rid of that , moisture produced by the engine will collect and sit in the factory muffler type setup ,especially if you have an inclined driveway , enough cold startups will effectively fill this cavity with water unless the car is run long enough to blow it out , even then it causes intermittant drivability issues . Besides rotting out the exhaust pipe from the inside out the flow of exhaust is cut down by the water in the muffler ,causing backfires , hesitation ,overheating . hope this helps , if you can elaborate on your description of nosing over it would help pinpoint your issue

Fuel pressure with vac line off?
New fuel filter?
Air filter clean/new?
Pump hot wired?
Plugs/wires in good shape?
Compression check/leak down numbers?

Getting air in and out , compressing it, mixing in the fuel and sparking it off at the right time, that's all it takes.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app