Hot air on Stock block 11.14 @ 119.44

NICE

I have to read this on a board. I thought you liked me I guess not.
GREAT job guy's that has been a lesson in tremperment. tens are just a gust of wind away:biggrin:

Jamie, Congrats!!

My brother mentioned your most recent feat and I finally have been able to check out the thread. I knew you weren't satisfied with 11.6's;) Sounds like your definitely on your way to a 10 sec slip and your goal. Then you guys can sit back and exhale in the glory :cool: :D Good luck!

Jamie, CONGRATS on an awesome job! No one works harder than the two of you. Did the Big Stuff 3 max out the correction on the O2? If you are going to Stanton Saturday I plan to be there and it would be my pleasure to give you hand if you need it, just let me know.
Mike

The correction was zero only adding a small amount in the last few frames due to boost creap that I still seem to have, not a lot just some. It only adds .8 percent so I would have to say the tune is good. The heat this coming weekend won't be my friend but the following weekend should be good.

Jamie

If the correction was that small you must have been at your Target air fuel. Do you think the Target should be richer? What is it now? SOunds like the tune is pretty much right there to me :)
Mike

Actually my question dealt more with the alcohol but we've determined my methanol has lost it's potency and I need to get fresh methanol to play with the alcohol more. What we were seeing that night is the colder temps effecting the tune as you think it would. Colder it gets the more fuel you need to add to keep the correction as close to zero as possible. My issue was I wasn't saving the tables correctly for some reason, I might pick your brain on that to make sure I'm doing this correctly. I can get them to save but for whatever reason it didn't upload and the fuel correction was the same and thus no improvement or change. Just trying to build on my understanding of this whole thing. Thanks for your help.

Jamie

NICE

I have to read this on a board. I thought you liked me I guess not.
GREAT job guy's that has been a lesson in tremperment. tens are just a gust of wind away:biggrin:
I've been to the shop 3 times and you weren't there none of them, sorry to hear about you blowing your back out again. Hope you feel better soon. Of course I wanted you to know, but in person. LOL I like that slow buick 8.88 is slow now, right. That supercharged GS is anything but slow. LOL
:)

Jamie, Congrats!!

My brother mentioned your most recent feat and I finally have been able to check out the thread. I knew you weren't satisfied with 11.6's;) Sounds like your definitely on your way to a 10 sec slip and your goal. Then you guys can sit back and exhale in the glory :cool: :D Good luck!
We have a 50 degree day coming up again and going to a different local track then another event after that which they prep the track really well for, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. And Yeah it would be nice to accomplish what I set out to do. Thanks!!!

Just remember we see around a 20% change in fuel when the meth kicks in. The injector PW usually goes down almost 20% from the same tune without meth. As always start slow and work the fuel back as you add the meth in but 20% is a common number. Got your PM call me if you need help or have questions about this. 10's on saturday? I hope you get it!
Mike

I'd have to say more like 11.40's with it being 85 plus degrees out, now if we get a cold snap then I think it would be possible. Last weekend with it being 78-82 degrees the car ran consistant 11.40's on a good light and leaving at about 8 pounds of boost. My 60's were about a tenth off so with more boost off the line I might see 11.30's this weekend at the tech event at best. That would still be pretty cool. I have new methanol to use as well, I guess the shelf life is only 2 years on that stuff and mine was a bit older then that. So we were just spraying water more or less, not air intake temp difference what so ever. I'm still tuning and testing trying to get the best combo.

Jamie

Just remember we see around a 20% change in fuel when the meth kicks in. The injector PW usually goes down almost 20% from the same tune without meth. As always start slow and work the fuel back as you add the meth in but 20% is a common number. Got your PM call me if you need help or have questions about this. 10's on saturday? I hope you get it!
Mike
Okay this makes sense, just trying to know what I should be seeing so I have an idea.

There is only one more track day here in Michigan so I don't think the 10's are going to happen this year. The car is still running really strong. :D I did manage two 1.49 sixty foots this past weekend and a 11.21 and 11.24 with a 25 mph head wind in 66 degree weather. The car is running so nice and this is on a very rich tune as well. We upped it after the wide band for the past two track outings kept calling for more fuel. Then realized the wide band was on it's way out. (only thing about running a bosch oxygen sensor they aren't as Lead tolerant as a Denso would be)I decided to run the much richer tune and see how she would respond and it picked up mph and pulls really strong after the 1/8 mile now. I'm keeping a richer tune and going from there. This netted a zero correction after installing the new wide band all the way down the track with a slight correction just after the 1/8, when the car seems to get kicked in the butt and starts pulling again. If I only had another 50 feet I'd break into the 120's mph wise I'm sure. All and all over 100 passes this year and the engine and transmission are still running very strong. Very good season in my book. Now I just have to wait till April to get her back out...:frown: Looking forward to the spring though. :biggrin: And maybe a bigger turbo combination??? We will see how the modification process goes over the down time. I have to help hubby get his intercooled T out this next year as well. He needs to have fun too.

Pulled the motor last Friday, I had a slight puff of smoke on start up after it was ran a few passes, thinking about doing a new set of rings. Kept thinking I heard an exhaust leak and it was getting serious towards the end, the passenger side header has another 1/4 inch long crack about an 1/16 wide again. Then upon looking at the driver's side we can see exhaust leakage, the whole flange that goes into the cross over is no longer sealed and needs to be welded again. Was doing some mock up with the Lee Thompson headers and crossover we have and trying to decide our next step. If those were stainless they'd be on the car in a heart beat. I even still have a Lee Thompson 3 inch down pipe in excellent condition just sitting. We are trying to see about merging the best of the ATR header and the larger Lee Thompson Header. Going to talk to our fabicator this weekend and go from there. Would love to get more air into the car. Still looking at a larger turbo for the car, might have something in the works, if so I'll be sure to post what we come up with. Right now just wanting to get things done and not run out of time. Did you see Brent went 11's??

Pulled the motor last Friday, I had a slight puff of smoke on start up after it was ran a few passes, thinking about doing a new set of rings. Kept thinking I heard an exhaust leak and it was getting serious towards the end, the passenger side header has another 1/4 inch long crack about an 1/16 wide again. Then upon looking at the driver's side we can see exhaust leakage, the whole flange that goes into the cross over is no longer sealed and needs to be welded again. Was doing some mock up with the Lee Thompson headers and crossover we have and trying to decide our next step. If those were stainless they'd be on the car in a heart beat. I even still have a Lee Thompson 3 inch down pipe in excellent condition just sitting. We are trying to see about merging the best of the ATR header and the larger Lee Thompson Header. Going to talk to our fabicator this weekend and go from there. Would love to get more air into the car. Still looking at a larger turbo for the car, might have something in the works, if so I'll be sure to post what we come up with. Right now just wanting to get things done and not run out of time. Did you see Brent went 11's??

jamie you got any idea on who can make you a bigger turbo? i know someone who can but im not sure if they are willing to do it. you know who i sent my turbo to. they had to completey redo mine so i know they can do it. you might call and talk to MATT and see if he can hook it up. Anyways i cant wait to get my car tunned you better watch out :) anyways i won a T-Brake at the WCN and im thinking about putting it in but we will see.

What trans brake is it? We have the one that you have to put it into first and then shift in order for it to launch. Not really liking it all that well, instead I'm going to go back to an electric one that will work off a button and hand shift. Lot's to do before spring. We have been talking to Mike after I spoke with you before thanks for all that information it was appreciated.

J

What trans brake is it? We have the one that you have to put it into first and then shift in order for it to launch. Not really liking it all that well, instead I'm going to go back to an electric one that will work off a button and hand shift. Lot's to do before spring. We have been talking to Mike after I spoke with you before thanks for all that information it was appreciated.

J

I had an electric brake once and it was awfully slow reacting. Maybe someone has solved that problem by now. This was 3 years ago.

I'll let you know it's one that Brian Hofner has and we will see how it goes. I still have my bat brake and valve body for that set up, we liked it but with having our transmissions are we would prefer using what he works with instead. No issues this year with the trans whatsoever, a really nice thing to brag about.

J
I meant to say Matt, but we've also been talking to Mike Litch to see what might be out there.

I meant to say Matt, but we've also been talking to Mike Litch to see what might be out there.

The T-Brake i won is the one you put in first gear like a stage right. i want and electic but there 500 bucks. i will see i might sale this one and use it to get and Bat Brake. the only reason i dont care for this one is i have a colum shift car and it would be a PITA. we will see.