Hot Air Intake Mods

im serious. i was at my dads house on my cell phone checking the post out. i was like yesss.

so i assume 6packtogo never got around to making a intake for hiself? i understand his point about people going to bitch about the cost of something that has so much time and $$$ invested.

I would guess Alan finished the one he was working on. Never did hear how it turned out.:frown:

I checked his profile and the last time he was on here was 06. If you click on the second link provided he states he said screw it, he was done. Seems like a very knowledgable guy and I'm sorry he's gone.

Yeah he had a dyno and flowbench in his shop and knew what he was doing.

Thought there might be a chance Jay knew Alan and could get some scoop from him. There were obviously severe distribution problems with modified intakes that showed themselves on the flowbench.

Severe?

What is severe?

I boxed a stock '84 intake years ago. Chopped the top off it... gutted the interior... removing the zip tubes inside it... had it port matched to the Felpro 1200 intake gasket.

It wasn't anything to write about in terms of money expended but it definitely had more to it than leaving it stock.

At 20+ pounds boost why would it matter? The fuel injectors deliver the required fuel... and the air pressure inside the intake is based on the boost provided correct?

I would like to see more on this subject! Open up the ports on the intake to the 1200 Felpro gasket and put some pressure on the intake to generate the REAL numbers. Curiousity has me on this one.

best place to inject AlKY on (stock) hot air Intake?

With DUAL NOZZLES, one for each side, I was thinking of having the fuel injector signal from injectors 1,3&5 driive a alky solenoid for the driver side and injector harness signal 2,4 &6 drive a 2nd alky solenoid on the passenger's side, I would use 6 steering diodes (3 for odd bank and 3 for the even bank) plus 2 driver transistors.

I have never run alcohol injection in either of my turbo buicks, Just expensive unleaded race gas, I have been using Sunoco GT 260 PLUS 104 octane oxygenated with ethanol 4.5% oxygen content , not street legal but ok for cat and O2 sensors.

When I had my hot air engine built, I used champion irons on a 109 N/A block with TRW turbo dish pistons 030 over. THE SHORT cam is 188/188 called a 236H grind by reed cams, it has a .403 lift with standard rockers, but I am using harland sharp 1.65 because I had them laying around. REED cams suggested this cam because this is a PIG heavy RIVIERA T-type FWD. I also am using a 2400 stall Torque converter and TA33C turbochager.`

MY problem IS ALL kinds of detonation, and carbon fouled spark plugs, I have had 3 chip makers make chips with for this combo and they all dump to much fuel and start to detonate to early into boost (12#'s), Maybe the mass air flow sensor should be changed to Translator and LT1 ?

I think my static compression ratio is to high with only one GM steel shim head gasket.

THE easy fix is ,I may just to limit the boost to factory levels 12/14 #'s

I was wondering if alky may be a partial solution to my mismated combo, OR, I thought to i have a leaky or clogged injector(tomco disc 30#)?

THE funny thing is that the scan master is showing ZERO knock retard but the Casper's gauge is lighting up like a christmas tree and I can HERE THE ENGINE spark knocking (pinging)

DO SOME VENDORS CHIPS?>( NOT PULL TIMING WHEN THE ESC MODULE IS DETECTING KNOCK?

THE MORE I DO< THE MORE I SCREW UP , REGARDS TURBO E38

If the recovery rate is set very quick, its entirely possible the Scanmaster could miss it.

best place to inject alky on stock hot air intake manifold??

I have been looking at my spare (25515926) stock intake manifold, I have all 6 bottom pipe plugs removed to take a peak inside.

I was thinking of two Jets , both on the back 45 degree chamfer , one on each side of the divider, Or one Jet on top ,in the exact center where the (turbo six logo emblem sits, a oversize 3" deep hole drilled tapped for 1/2" NPT, then a aluminum 1/2" to 1/8" pipe concentric reducer bushing installed to take the 1/8" npt jets from devils own.

Please chime in on those stock hot airs running alky injection,

Regards, Turbo E38

SORRY to get off subject, but this is also an intake question.

I have been looking at my spare (25515926) stock intake manifold, I have all 6 bottom pipe plugs removed to take a peak inside.

I was thinking of two Jets , both on the back 45 degree chamfer , one on each side of the divider, Or one Jet on top ,in the exact center where the (turbo six logo emblem sits, a oversize 3" deep hole drilled tapped for 1/2" NPT, then a aluminum 1/2" to 1/8" pipe concentric reducer bushing installed to take the 1/8" npt jets from devils own.

Please chime in on those stock hot airs running alky injection,

Regards, Turbo E38

SORRY to get off subject, but this is also an intake question.

I'm not being mean here but please start your own thread!:mad:

Just a thought but wouldnt it be easier to make an adapter for an aftermarket carb manifold and then have injector bungs put on it? kenne bell, edelbrock and weiand make one, seems like an easier way make a little more power than all the mods to the stocker.

update

Patience lil rabbit.

It's coming, should be dyno tuning this any day now.

First dyno tuning will be with stock intake, then R&R with highly modified intake and another dyno tune to see what it is worth.

Modifications:
Custom headers, up-pipe, & downpipe
87 ecm conversion
translator
chip
alky - ISAC controller
6262 billet turbo

I am so ready to get my car back. been gone for well over a year.

We will get the info out to everyone as soon as I get it.

George

Patience lil rabbit.

It's coming, should be dyno tuning this any day now.

First dyno tuning will be with stock intake, then R&R with highly modified intake and another dyno tune to see what it is worth.

Modifications:
Custom headers, up-pipe, & downpipe
87 ecm conversion
translator
chip
alky - ISAC controller
6262 billet turbo

I am so ready to get my car back. been gone for well over a year.

We will get the info out to everyone as soon as I get it.

George

Good luck George! Did the do anything with the heads, cam or torque converter?

Eric

mods

Right now and for the dyno tuning, it will have the stock trans and converter. I have a hoffer trans with a 3000 stall billet converter to be installed as soon as I get it home. I have a new set of GN-1 Aluminum heads in my closet with a whole bunch of other things I need to install. Have not decided on my cam choice yet, but roller definetly. I also have a forged rotating assembly with aluminum rods, but may just get a weber stroker in the future. I have just begun playing and how the car reacts to different mods will dictate how the future build goes.

George

Right now and for the dyno tuning, it will have the stock trans and converter. I have a hoffer trans with a 3000 stall billet converter to be installed as soon as I get it home. I have a new set of GN-1 Aluminum heads in my closet with a whole bunch of other things I need to install. Have not decided on my cam choice yet, but roller definetly. I also have a forged rotating assembly with aluminum rods, but may just get a weber stroker in the future. I have just begun playing and how the car reacts to different mods will dictate how the future build goes.

George

You're not just playing around are you:D