Hot air Intake discussions of Last Fall

BLACKHAWK38

Alot of Talk about a Latest and Greatest Hot air intake manifold on the board last fall,

IT has been 10 months, I have not seen or heard of any yet.

Maybe that why it's called a Hot air Intake, JUST ALOT OF HOT AIR!!!!

Well, no, actually

I got tired of listening to everyone whine about how much it was going to cost, and sick of listening to them tell me how to run my business. So I'm not making them.

6packtogo

Sorry to hear about that 6pack...I missed that discussion, what was the great invention? Got any pics? I guess you made it clear that there will be no more. What was the whole deal? How much for the part? Thanks!

John

Re: Well, no, actually

Originally posted by 6PacktoGo
I got tired of listening to everyone whine about how much it was going to cost, and sick of listening to them tell me how to run my business. So I'm not making them.

i had a feeling that was the case.can't say that i blame you.

Hey Alan............

How's life in Tenn. been treating you?..........

Back from the dead. I need to modify my intake. Start this thread back up.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I bought a champion

Along with what other mods? I wish someone would do a back to back comparison with no other mods on a champion vs a ported stocker. A long time ago this was done with the V1 intake to see the results in the 1/4 mile ET. So if someone is thinking about going with Champion, please, please, please, go to the track , get your best ET then swap the Champion and record the results with no other changes other than the intake. Just putting it out there.

The before and after flow numbers are on gbodyparts.com website where the intakes can be sourced from. Anytime you can open up airflow its good for the engine. I would expect a gain in time naturally. However, I see the engine breathing better, keeping temps and detonation down because everything is flowing so much more smoothly. I think there is more to be gained rather than ET. I have my engine completely opened up and on a hot air, and I can say on one hand can count the amount of times I recorded KR.

The before and after flow numbers are on gbodyparts.com website where the intakes can be sourced from. Anytime you can open up airflow its good for the engine. I would expect a gain in time naturally. However, I see the engine breathing better, keeping temps and detonation down because everything is flowing so much more smoothly. I think there is more to be gained rather than ET. I have my engine completely opened up and on a hot air, and I can say on one hand can count the amount of times I recorded KR.

I know about the flow number comparisons. That's all that's been talked about. But if it's a given that it's an improvement I would just like to see dyno numbers or ET times to prove it not just flow numbers. No one has done that. If the intake and the passenger side header, along with the small turbo , are the bottle necks then why don't we see people that have bought these intakes with 11's at a minimum all over the Hot Air board. Lots of talk about the great improvement but no numbers to verify it. Not trying to flame anyone just trying to make a rational evaluation. As far as your KR issues are concerned, even a ported stocker that has been properly flowed would even out the air distribution and thus eliminate some KR on a properly tuned engine.

I'm currently running a champion intake on my 4.1 hot air. With this intake I recorded a 7.61 @ 89 mph with a terrible 2.xx 60' in the 1/8 mile. Also put 402.8 rwhp on the dyno with 452.4 ftlbs torque. I will be swapping to a ported stocker this winter and plan to test in the spring. I'll post when I get it done.

Last edited:
I'm currently running a champion intake on my 4.1 hot air. With this intake I recorded a 7.61 @ 89 mph with a terrible 2.xx 60'. Also put 402.8 rwhp on the dyno with 452.4 ftlbs torque. I will be swapping to a ported stocker this winter and plan to test in the spring. I'll post when I get it done.

Now that's what I'm talking about. How much boost were you running on that pass? Also will you be doing a dyno run with the ported stocker?

That was at 17psi in the 1/8. 20psi on the dyno. And I plan on going back to the dyno as well. Both were on the default settings on the chip also....was pretty fat on the tune....should be much more in it.

That was at 17psi in the 1/8. 20psi on the dyno. And I plan on going back to the dyno as well. Both were on the default settings on the chip also....was pretty fat on the tune....should be much more in it.

Was that on pump gas, race gas or E85? What's your combo? I know you're running a 4.1 but what else?

E85, Reds dp, 120s, GN1s, .040 over hypers, champion intake, 6468, speed daddy headers, 3"dp, gn1 exhaust....among other things....

Do you guys think a ported stock intake can out perform the champion intake?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app