Horsepower differences between S and H cover

or like asking if a shop keeps custom made-to-order parts right on their shelves?

Custom made to order you wouldn't, but in your original ad you didn't state they where CUSTOM MADE TO ORDER till I asked... carry on...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Custom made to order you wouldn't, but in your original ad you didn't state they where CUSTOM MADE TO ORDER till I asked... carry on...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

No, but I do state on my website that they have a 3-5 week lead time and are custom pieces...
https://www.boostedrps.com/product-page/street-headers-by-gee-m-racing

Carry on...

Yes I was hoping Bison would chime in as I read some of his post where he said he seen gains from the bigger cover.

I have that thread saved somewhere on my computer. When I get back to the house I will look for it and post the link.

I believe that was back when Otto still had his shop. He and Brian would do back to back runs with turbos and different covers or wheels to see what were the real limiting factors. A lot of really great information in that thread. I tell people quite often that there are few people that have more dyno experience seeing back to back results of turbo wheel/housing changes than Bison does.

EDIT: Here is the link to that thread : https://turbobuick.com/threads/interesting-turbo-dyno-test-tonight-bigger-isnt-always-better.329993/

Last edited:
Red runs the original Garrett S cover. It has a larger diffuser than the current Precision S cover.

He ran a t04s04 iirc. Bigger than all mentioned and probably had some type of adapter on the inlet to help straighten the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of Reds old turbos. His current turbo has the same cover. The intlet has been turned down to 3.5" to work with his air inlet set up.

Attachments

• compwheeel.jpg
    compwheeel.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 130
That’s definitely a t04s

No it’s small

Thought Red ran a custom made TA66 gtq . maybe that was the grey car.

Red uses a billet76 comp with a q trim turbine wheel and a large cover,85 3bolt.turbo is built by precision

Thought Red ran a custom made TA66 gtq . maybe that was the grey car.

That was on Jane's car when it was setup for TSS... IIRC, that car has a Ta62 on it for running the TSA class that RC was involved with a couple years ago.

K.

Red uses a billet76 comp with a q trim turbine wheel and a large cover,85 3bolt.turbo is built by precision

Last I heard... Precision wouldn't build it the way he wanted, so John & Chopper at Limit were able to acquire the parts and built it.

K.

I know I saw exhaust pressure drop switching to a larger cover with an MFS 67. None of any of this really matters if your Intercooler has more pressure drop than Jr should, your converter is off, tune is off. It’s like chasing after pennies when you could grab dollars. Larger covers are needed with larger compressor wheels and higher mass but small covers will cover 99% of anyone here.