Hooking up the rad fan ( I want the ecu to control it)

Lee main

This is a hot air to intercooler conversion, no wire in the bulkhead connector to have the rad fans turn on.

Any ideas, I found something close on this forum about hooking up a single wire to the ecu harness side is this true?

Any help and i would be thankful!!!

If you have an ECU from a 1987 pin D2 on connector C1 is the fan control.

It outputs a ground to switch on a relay which provides the high current +12 to the low speed fan, when the chip calls for the low speed fan to turn on.

If you have an ECU from a 1987 pin D2 on connector C1 is the fan control.

It outputs a ground to switch on a relay which provides the high current +12 to the low speed fan, when the chip calls for the low speed fan to turn on.

Thanks for the info, How would you go about turning the fan on if the car wasn't wired for it?

I would like to wire it as factory as possible.

THANKS!!!

Depends upon the fan(s) used, current draw etc.

Use a relay activated by the ECM pin mentioned.

Relay can go straight to battery via a fusible link or re-settable circuit breaker or fused power wire.

Caspers wiring may be a good choice to carry the current needed.

The factory used fusible link E off the starter solenoid which split into 2 feeds one for low speed relay one for high speed.

Depends upon the fan(s) used, current draw etc.

Use a relay activated by the ECM pin mentioned.

Relay can go straight to battery via a fusible link or re-settable circuit breaker or fused power wire.

Caspers wiring may be a good choice to carry the current needed.

The factory used fusible link E off the starter solenoid which split into 2 feeds one for low speed relay one for high speed.

Im using the stock electric fan and relays that come on the 1987 harness.

Thanks

Here is a link to the factory service manual.

Section 8 Electrical for the factory diagrams and descriptions.

Parts 1 and 2 should help you.

Pages 8A-10-0 shows the fusible links going to the solenoid, I'd just go to the battery with your new wiring.

Pages 8A-11-9 in Part 2 is used along with 8A-31-0 through 8A-31-6.

I would probably just use the low speed trigger from the ECM to run one 40 Amp. aftermarket or factory relay that turns the stock fan on high speed using no resistor at whatever the chip is programmed for to turn on (and off) the fan.

Ignore everything having to do with the factory delay relay setup it doesn't work as intended for very long....

http://onefootinthegrave.net/filez!/warez!/trservice/enhcdpdf.html

Here is a link to the factory service manual.

Section 8 Electrical for the factory diagrams and descriptions.

Parts 1 and 2 should help you.

Pages 8A-10-0 shows the fusible links going to the solenoid, I'd just go to the battery with your new wiring.

Pages 8A-11-9 in Part 2 is used along with 8A-31-0 through 8A-31-6.

I would probably just use the low speed trigger from the ECM to run one 40 Amp. aftermarket or factory relay that turns the stock fan on high speed using no resistor at whatever the chip is programmed for to turn on (and off) the fan.

Ignore everything having to do with the factory delay relay setup it doesn't work as intended for very long....

http://onefootinthegrave.net/filez!/warez!/trservice/enhcdpdf.html
Thanks tons for this!