Hooker Header Install

meenkeene518

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any install pics with the hooker header setup. The design is different from most other setups, so i wanted to ask before i thought about getting a pair off ebay if theres any fitment issues or what not. Thanks for the help. Pictues will be greatly appreciated, and any advice saying if this is a good buy or not.

Thanks!:)

No pics but I tried them twice. They make you car sound a lot different than a normal TR. They Slow spool up spool up time and cause more exhaust noise inside the car. I would not buy them if I were you.

They should be installed here.

commercial-dumpster.jpg

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any install pics with the hooker header setup. The design is different from most other setups, so i wanted to ask before i thought about getting a pair off ebay if theres any fitment issues or what not. Thanks for the help. Pictues will be greatly appreciated, and any advice saying if this is a good buy or not.

Thanks!:)

Why do you want them? Plenty of guys runniing right down into the tens on stock headers....

but they are one hell of an awesome NA car upgrade, or if you run a blower!

but ****ty for a turbo

A.j.

Gotta agree with Aj, but if you're looking to do some cutting and welding on them you can make them work. Cut about 3" off the drivers side and then cut the pipes off the passenger side and make them more like the stock ones. Pain in the @ss i know but it's the only way to make them work for a stock design.:eek:

My GN came with that contraption on it. Once I removed them it felt like I picked up 50HP. I used a sawsall to take them off. They promplty went in to the same place JAY described. I wouldnt even have tried to sell them to another TR owner. JUNK!

Everyone else seems to have summed it up pretty well. ;)
I tried them when they first came out, Many years ago. :eek:
You measured turbo lag in hours and days. Especially with a front mount I/C. :eek:
Even the "lifetime coating" rusted in a few months. :mad:

Have been running ATR's ever since. :biggrin: