Hoodskinz hood pad review

His IC pipe is way to high. 99% of the people out there won't have any clearance issues.

His looks to be at least two inches higher than the dog house.

Not sure how that can be. If the inlet pipe was any lower it would push the upper radiator hose into the crank pulley. There is maybe a 1/4" of clearance there. It's definitely a bit higher than the doghouse but way below the vac block.

I saw these at Richard Clarks' too.....Very Nice
Believe Paul Castle was selling them for $349 at the show.
They are $399 at the show and about $55 to ship , that's what I was told by the vendor .

Not sure how that can be. If the inlet pipe was any lower it would push the upper radiator hose into the crank pulley. There is maybe a 1/4" of clearance there. It's definitely a bit higher than the doghouse but way below the vac block.

Your Up pipe is way bigger than it needs to be as evidenced by the reducer you have from pipe to T/B.

I don't see why it's hitting as the vac block is lot higher and should be hitting before the IC pipe.

Looking at this pic it sure looks high. I know the camera angle is throwing it off some but look at how the vac block and the up pipe boot look even or higher than the fender.

Maybe take an inch off both sides of the silicone throttle body hose. Then push the up-pipe forward before tightening the clamps. You may be able to get a lot this way. Also this will soften the angle of approach to the throttle body.

Just ordered an Accufab 70mm throttle body. I'll report back after I do the install and see if shortening the coupler takes care of the rubbing.

Damn, that pad is nice. Im in the market for one, i couldnt find it on the site though. Ill hsve to call on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Just ordered an Accufab 70mm throttle body. I'll report back after I do the install and see if shortening the coupler takes care of the rubbing.

That should do it. Hope it takes care of the problem.

It would suck if the rubbing wears a spot on that new skin.

We welcomed the Hoodskinz folks as new vendors at our annual Buicks@Bates show yesterday and they had multiple pieces on display.

https://www.facebook.com/buicksatbates/

They ALL were beautiful and they were selling them for $229...regular price is $249.

Great people, great product. Order direct for the best deal and quality.

https://www.facebook.com/HOOD-SKINZ-826608267470743/

Our new Facebook page above.
$249+ shipping is now our standard price.
Colors and special request at an additional charge.
We will announce when product is available.
Each Hoodskin is hand made
We are not distributed by any 3rd party at this time.
If interested please contact by pm or on Facebook
Thanks Robert

https://www.facebook.com/HOOD-SKINZ-826608267470743/

Our new Facebook page above.
$249+ shipping is now our standard price.
Colors and special request at an additional charge.
We will announce when product is available.
Each Hoodskin is hand made
We are not distributed by any 3rd party at this time.
If interested please contact by pm or on Facebook
Thanks Robert

I'm happy with the product but needless to say a little pissed that I paid $399 just a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy with the product but needless to say a little pissed that I paid $399 just a few weeks ago.

Glad you are happy.
There is a lot of " pissed " to go around
Price you paid was more than double our price to him.
We have yet to be paid in full. We are out $1000's
We can not apologize for his business practices however we have been doing or best to clean the mess up

Motrhed87 you joined in 06 and I am surprised that you don't know all about that vendor.

I personally had no issue with him. He was very polite on the phone when I called and shipped the skin the same day. At the time I purchased going through him was the only way to get one.

I personally had no issue with him. He was very polite on the phone when I called and shipped the skin the same day. At the time I purchased going through him was the only way to get one.

Motrhed87 you joined in 06 and I am surprised that you don't know all about that vendor.
We were not aware either. We were happy we had a chance to get our idea out.
Then it all went bad

Paul, your 1 and only post will most likely get you banned Your father was kicked off this board and has been kicked off Ebay more times than I care to count. All because of sales practices. Contact SGRIM immediately if you want to stay on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you fucking kidding me? A simple google or turbobuick search of ''paul castle' and/or 'worldofmotorworks' will light up like the 4th of July!

I do give credit for sticking to your guns, but damn... if you're business MO is bilking people out of money, I would SERIOUSLY consider making up a new website name and/or NOT mentioning your real name!.

People are stupid, but there are some that's not that stupid!!!