Hoodskinz??? Are they still making them

tnt6

Is Hoodskinz still in business? finally ready to pull the trigger for a hood and trunk skin...any info would be appreciated

They were at the Bates event in SoCal in June, so yes, they are still around.

Mike Barnard, aka Soolfool2 and a Moderator on this board, keeps in touch with them. Maybe reach out to him?

I have spoken to Curtis, and the answer is NO. Even Mark has pulled them from his site. Although I did not press him for specifics, I'm thinking TM issues.... He did say that there is a possibility of making them in the future, if he can work out some issues. I consider myself lucky, as I have a Hoodskinz, and one of the original prototype Trunkskinz. Curtis is a GREAT guy. Thanks for your contribution to the TR world. You are appreciated!!

Jumping on the band wagon

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've been thinking of selling them myself ( under a different name of course ). I have the pattern for hood and trunk. I have talked to an aluminum sheet metal fabricator, and he would love the opportunity to expand his business. I just need to make a decision to go all-in and MAKE the time to process orders, forward tracking #'s, respond to questions, make a Facebook / web page, attend events to promote the product, etc. Then there is the DBA, accounting, taxes. As simple as this item is, it's still a huge commitment. My current job has me working nights, and sleeping during the day, sooo... As I'm writing this, I'm thinking of how am I going to get the things done I need to do today, before I have to go to sleep, and get back to work.... I don't know, but I have put some thought into this endeavor. Maybe a job change is in order....

I've been thinking of selling them myself ( under a different name of course ). I have the pattern for hood and trunk. I have talked to an aluminum sheet metal fabricator, and he would love the opportunity to expand his business. I just need to make a decision to go all-in and MAKE the time to process orders, forward tracking #'s, respond to questions, make a Facebook / web page, attend events to promote the product, etc. Then there is the DBA, accounting, taxes. As simple as this item is, it's still a huge commitment. My current job has me working nights, and sleeping during the day, sooo... As I'm writing this, I'm thinking of how am I going to get the things done I need to do today, before I have to go to sleep, and get back to work.... I don't know, but I have put some thought into this endeavor. Maybe a job change is in order....

If you decide to do it let me know bro

As simple as this item is, it's still a huge commitment.

For sure!
While reading your post, I thot of the guy that started making the lush fit qtr glass...A disaster, as he couldn't keep up, production issues, etc.
Good luck, if you decide to go with it.

I made my own. Get busy!

Picture 569.jpg

I know a recent batch was made but all were spoken for. I am out on this. Too bad was a great product.