Hood Spring hits Gbodyparts radiator cover plate

0-60n4

I installed the stainless radiator cover plate from GBodyParts. Some of the larger coils on the hood spring hit the cover plate when closing the hood. Looks like I need just about 1/8" more clearance. REALLY hard to close the hood. For other that have had this issue, what's the recommended solution? I don't want to notch the cover plate.

I understand that you don't want to notch the cover plate, but I still think that it would be the best solution. Then when you're satisfied with the fit, you can have it re-polished and there won't be any rough edges and look like if it was made that way.

Good luck,

Claude. ;)

I think my first attempt will be to heat the 2nd from the top coil on the spring and move the spring forward about 1/8 - 1/4 inch. Worse case I have to buy a new spring then notch the cover.

I think my first attempt will be to heat the 2nd from the top coil on the spring and move the spring forward about 1/8 - 1/4 inch. Worse case I have to buy a new spring then notch the cover.
You can't really move the spring because there is some kind of "recess" on the radiator support where is sits when the hood is closed…:(

Claude.

P.S: Post a picture of the problem, maybe it'll be easier to find a solution...

Have the same issue. They should have notched those plates from the start. Tried bending the spring and didn't work. Just notch it with a dremel and small cutting wheel.