Hood Options

Vince13

Hello,
I got the junkyard Turbo LS bug and picked up a 1983 Regal with a 6.0 litre truck engine project car. The body is in great shape but I need a hood. The truck intake and alternator is sitting above the hood line so I would like to add a cowl induction scoop but I can’t find any Regals around here.
Would another g body hood physically fit?

Thanks

A truck intake and alt cleared the T type hood, on my 86...........
Mounts too high, engine too far forward?

It is probably a little bit of both. I am using the Dirty Dingo mounts on the block side, and stock V8 mounts on the frame. I do have a little room to move it closer to the firewall, the heater box is removed and this will be a track car.
What mounts are you using on the frame side and which oil pan?
Thanks

I made my own frame mts, and used SBC stock mounts on a ebay set of plates.
I have a sheetmetal race pan. 7 qts.

I fit a 6.0 with all truck accessories in my 86. holley motor mounts on the engine side and stock v8 regal on the frame. Holley oil pan 302-2 fits mint. f body cable works but needs some tweaking on the throttle body bracket. 4l80e fits with these mounts as well. I put the wastegate under the car.

Attachments

• on3.jpg
    on3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 127
  • hood clearance.jpg
    hood clearance.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 121
  • wg.jpg
    wg.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Thank you for the info, I was looking at Holley pan and the f body pan and you just confirmed the Holley is the way to go.
Well done, your car looks great.

Thanks, No problem. I just completed the swap this summer myself, from start to finish. I spent many hours on all the forums researching. So if you have any questions maybe I can help you.