Hood insulation lettering template

87geeinn

Buick and AMG pilot
Anyone have a digital template for the lettering and Power 6 emblem on the hood insulation pad? I seem to remember a thread from years ago in which someone had a .PDF of one but I couldn't uncover anything after a thorough search. The guy who sold the aircraft firewall hoodliners has since passed on, otherwise I'd get the decals he used to sell.

Is this the one you are thinking of? (See Attached).

I think I saved it to my computer from that thread.

Attachments

• Buick_Grand_National_Hood Pad Emblem.pdf
    29.8 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
That was my next question. Can someone please measure the L x W of "BUICK," "TURBOCHARGED," and the Power Six logo?
If no one gets those measurements for you by the time I get home tonight, I'll get them for you.

Aaaand I just happened to check TB.com while in the garage!

Rough (but hopefully close enough) measurements follow.

BUICK: 20.25 inches wide and 2.5 inches high
Turbocharged: 14 wide across the indentation. The beginning of the T crossbar is .375 away from the edge and the rightmost bulge of the D ends 0.5 from the right edge.
Power 6: 7 wide from the arrow tip to the rightmost bulge and 7.25 in height

Here's what I have. Keep in mind my measurements were taken end to end at the widest points.

BUICK: 20-1/4" X 2-1/2" (Oddly the measurement taken at the bottom of the word measured 1/16" longer. I guess the bottom leg of the "K" is a hair longer than the top?)
TURBOCHARGED: 13-3/4" X 3/4"
POWER 6 LOGO: 6-3/4" w X 7-1/2" h

Here's what I have. Keep in mind my measurements were taken end to end at the widest points.

BUICK: 20-1/4" X 2-1/2" (Oddly the measurement taken at the bottom of the word measured 1/16" longer. I guess the bottom leg of the "K" is a hair longer than the top?)
TURBOCHARGED: 13-3/4" X 3/4"
POWER 6 LOGO: 6-3/4" w X 7-1/2" h

Can you recheck the height of the "BUICK" and "TURBOCHARGED"? 2 1/2" and 3/4", respectively, seems awfully short. Thanks man.

Can you recheck the height of the "BUICK" and "TURBOCHARGED"? 2 1/2" and 3/4", respectively, seems awfully short. Thanks man.
The height measurement may seem small but they are accurate. Photos attached (note: measurements start at the 1" line for better accuracy)

20160311_055725.jpg20160311_055851.jpg

Thanks Scott! Much appreciated. Now to figure out how to get these silkscreened or a label that will stick properly to the insulation.