Honda S2000

justabuickv6

I don't get to drive my GN that much so I decided to take it out for a spin on a dry 47 degree night. Heading back home, noticed a fartcan up ahead with a huge wing. Low and behold it was a Honda S2000. He rev'd as I passed so I slowed down. His car didn't sound that bad when he took off. Needless to say, I passed him like he was sitting still. He kept on and on so I played with him spanking him each and every time. He was cool about it and ask me if I was spraying so he must have thought it was a Monte Carlo or something.

What do they run in the 1/4? S2000 that is.

*Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Honda S2000
Obtained from MT February, 2000
0-60: 5.2 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 13.8
1/4 Speed: 100

*Car-Stats.com Report for 2003 Honda S2000
Obtained from C&D December, 2002
0-60: 6.3 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 14.9
1/4 Speed: 95

good kill. i too raced on ehtis past summer on a highway roll. nice black one with rimes ,exhaust. i let him get out about a car and kept blowing by him. did this about three more times then he gave a thumbs up and got off the highway. they are quick but by no means fast.

14 flat if the owner has no regard for clutch life-I've replaced one before-goodwill warranty repair.

i could have sworn i saw that they run 12's in car and driver or some magazine. i thought they were respectable cars... at least they look allright, for a honda.

I know a guy who owns one. The ONLY way to get decent times is a 6000 rpm launch. yes you heard right. It runs low 14's. Otherwise with a normal launch it runs low 15's. This car is not made for straight line racing. its a fun track car that LOVES to rev. Im talking 9000 rpm:)

i used to own one and the only way to produce a 14.1 slip at the track is with it bouncing off the limiter. Nah just kidding about 8000 rpm launch. No match for the GN in a 1/4 sprint, just hope you don't have to make any turns;) !!!

Whooped the sh*t outa one with my 2003 modded WRX. Shouldnt even compete with a GN. Unless it is supercharged and/or has laughing gas.

Nick

Its a N/A 4 cyl with a 9000 redline. It still runs with Mustang GT's. Impressive, not fast.

Nick

S2000 are not 1/4 mile drag car. they made for open road racing.
for a 4 cylinger na engine 250 horsepower not bad. on a long road at 90 above is where this car start to move with a 10,000 rpm it probably go 160 to 170 top speed.

Its governed at like 145. This year Honda lowered the redline and did some other stuff too. Same power numbers but it reaches peak power lower in the RPM.

Nick

The S2000 engine is one of Hondas best engines. Too bad they use the K-series in the RSXs now, although the K-series is a killer engine also.