Holy shit snacks Batman!

I admit it is rare, but it's not the only one in existence in that condition. Realistically I think he can get 35-4500 for it. $6700 , whew!!!!

Lol I swear some ppl think GN stuff is worth more then gold . For what reason idk but they really need to be realistic. I’m sure he could prob get 4500 for this block if it’s unmolested .

I'd say anything over $3500 is too much. I've owned a few new off center blocks and never gotten over $3k for one. At some point you can't blame people for wanting to build LS motors and put them in everything when people are asking prices like this.

Neal

I actually was texting him for info about and he really seems to think it’s worth at least six grand. I told him u can get a Aluminum block for 4500 and his response was aluminum blocks are weak . I told him he would be lucky to get 4500 for it and his response was he was already offered 6 k and turned it down which I think is bull shit . I told him yes your block is nice but it’s not as rare as you think . I think he was pissed at me for telling him the truth lol

The TA block is a proven part these days. There is still a home for the iron Stage II blocks but I don't know who would buy one for north of $6k.

Neal

aluminum blocks can't be as strong, plus I'm under the immpression that they can't be bored more than 010 over before needing sleeves.

aluminum blocks can't be as strong, plus I'm under the immpression that they can't be bored more than 010 over before needing sleeves.
The new, billet aluminum TA blocks are eons ahead of any of the old, pourous GM aluminum blocks of yesteryear. Better material, better machining, old issues addressed. Basically, the TA blocks are new and improved stage blocks. They weigh less and even have better oiling and cooling. TA used the original, GM stage blueprints and I believe an old, GM engineer to help improve and design a better block that would hold up to even more abuse than Nascar. Aren't the TA blocks rated at like 2,000+ hp? I'm sure Nick Micale could tell anyone all about em, since he was there from before the prototype stage and beyond.

Last edited:
The TA block has all of the advantages in the world. I have a new TA on center ( unmachined) and several stage 2 motors. You name it, in every comparison to the cast iron it would win. My cast iron blocks have taken me as fast as I have ever wanted to go and as soon as my schedule allows me to start playing again I will try to find my limit. I think in due time that the TA block will reach its true hp potential way north of 2000, but for now cast iron in all of its 1990's glory is still king. King in the 1/4 mile. But back to the topic, $6700 ..... if somebody wants one that bad ..... let me know.

The TA block has held up to over 1800 hp. Mine was dynoed at 950 hp to the rear wheels without any issues. Revised oiling, a lot of webbing in the lifter valley and bottom end, 6 bolt on the two center steel mains and 4 bolt for number 1 and 4 steel mains. Screw in freeze out plugs as well as any other areas that used standard pressed plugs. Can be bored out to 4" before needing new sleeves. Mine was at 3.965" (3.9" is standard size from TA)

The TA block has held up to over 1800 hp. Mine was dynoed at 950 hp to the rear wheels without any issues. Revised oiling, a lot of webbing in the lifter valley and bottom end, 6 bolt on the two center steel mains and 4 bolt for number 1 and 4 steel mains. Screw in freeze out plugs as well as any other areas that used standard pressed plugs. Can be bored out to 4" before needing new sleeves. Mine was at 3.965" (3.9" is standard size from TA)
What does anyone who drives a Corvair know about horsepower ha ha