Holley HP System, Cruz Wiring Harness and Smog

rbarragan

I was able to go to the GS Nationals this year and saw a lot of new cool new products. One of the big things I saw was that Cruz performance is now offering complete plug and play wiring hardness to work with the Holley HP of Dominator system. Now for the question, I live in California and have to smog my car will it pass smog with this system installed? I'm trying to remember if they even plug into the OBD1 port like they do with the OBD2 cars? I think I already know the answer but I thought I would ask.

Im not sure about your smog question as I live in Texas and don't have that issue. But I can tell you I have the Holley Dominator on my car and its awesome!! I'm sure you would be happy with it.

Nice! What are some of the positives that come with the swap in your opinion? Have you seen better driveability and idle? Just a few questions I was thinking about. Thanks

Doubt it. Even if they don't do the ALDL port check, the visual may get you.

I have the Cruz harness and Holley HP. I doubt it'd pass a Cali inspection visually. You will need to tweak your tune if you want it just perfect for your setup. Basically let it learn, then turn the learning way down in come cells, and manually tweak to hit the target AFR you want at light throttle cruising around and off idle. Once you get the hang of it, its easy. There are a ton of features though. I'll never go back to a stock setup, the Holley is far superior in every way. Get at least the 3.5 dash, I'm going for the new 12 inch dash maybe in the spring.

The Cruz harness is awesome. Custom ends if you want, for Holley sensors instead of needing adapters for GM junk.

I've got mine cruising at 14.7-14.9 AFRs and throttle response is instant. I even have Holley 120# injectors and it idles at 775 rpm, purrs like a kitten warmed up.

Ya the customization options with the Holley setup is almost endless. I was originally running 2 separate tunes for E-85 and 93 but I'm now in the process of installing a flex fuel sensor and electric boost controller so I can just put in E85 and head to the track!! My idle and drivability is great even with a big ass comp cam.