Holley hi ram

qwksht

Does anyone know if a Holley hi ram fits under a stock gn hood? I have a spare hood that I can cut the bracing out of to make it work, was just wondering if anyone has done it yet

It fits BUT, if using a drive by cable throttle body, that will not fit. I had to cut done the bracket mount on the front of the intake about 1/4 inch. The intake does touch just in front of the hump in the hood. Also depends on your engine mount. I am using the Holley System.

hood touch2.JPG
hood touch.JPG

Put the throttle body on upside down and don’t use the factory cable spot on top of intake. That has to be the worse spot for a throttle cable anyway
I never thought of doing it that way, that would be awesome if I can do it that way as I would really like to use the hi ram and keep the stock hood

I am also using the dirty dingo adjustable mounts with the solid moroso frame mounts, hopefully the motor will sit low enough with this setup, I haven't tried to fit it in the car yet, just getting over the flu and haven't had any time to work on it

Put the throttle body on upside down and don’t use the factory cable spot on top of intake. That has to be the worse spot for a throttle cable anyway

Fat Nat, will the cable fall out of the slots being that the throttle body will be upside down and the cable will have to pull from underneath the throttle body instead of over the top? Or is there a different cable setup I should use mounting the throttle body this way? thanks for replying I am gathering parts as we speak

Thanks, is there a certain lokar cable I should use or just a universal style?
They make one for ls
This pic shows one on a friends 68 camero

Attachments

• 29A2B263-BCAF-4B30-B4D8-0AF41E845E78.png
    29A2B263-BCAF-4B30-B4D8-0AF41E845E78.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 130
Thanks again, I will post up some pictures as I start getting it together, I ordered the hi ram and Holley oil pan last night, I am going to order the throttle body and cable this week

I know its a old post. But a friend of mine has the holley mid ram intake. Its the same as the hi ram but the lower part of the intake has shorter runners. And it fits great under the GN hood.

Attachments

• ls1.jpg
    ls1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
  • ls2.jpg
    ls2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • ls3.jpg
    ls3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56