Hitting the rev limiter......

TakeAwayTheFear

Have read that the governor spring may have popped out?

Car seems to shift fine just cruising around. Full throttle though, it doesn't want to shift. Let off a tad or keep your foot in it while it bangs the limiter and then it shifts and keeps pulling.

Replaced the tcc about 100 miles ago and that fixed the last problem of it short shifting and staying in gears after I drove about 10-20 miles.

Just wanna make sure that the spring maybe my issue before I take the damn pan off again..... Fluid was fine when I did the tcc and I checked yesterday and it looked brand new still.

Thanks for any input. Shes just about road worthy!!!!!

Factory rev defense is a fuel cut. Which isnt the best if your car has alky injection your going to blow it up hitting the rev limiter. Just a FYI. SOunds like the gov spring

Hope it's the spring. I had the same or very similar issue that ended up being a servo problem and it was killing the band. EA replaced the servo with something different and another band.

Factory rev defense is a fuel cut. Which isnt the best if your car has alky injection your going to blow it up hitting the rev limiter. Just a FYI. SOunds like the gov spring
No alky yet. Haven't driven it much either. Thanks for the input I'll pull the pan and check

Hope it's the spring. I had the same or very similar issue that ended up being a servo problem and it was killing the band. EA replaced the servo with something different and another band.
Yup me too! It's been one thing after another with this car. Gonna suck to pull the pan again but of its just the spring I'll be happy for awhile. Everything else minus some oil leaks is in order and running good!

Do you have any ideas of what it may be then?
The TV limit spring affects the WOT shift,but you shouldn't need to change it. Was there a time when it did shift at the correct time during WOT operation? What is the highest MPH you can achieve,in second gear with the gear selector in Drive,and still get a downshift into first by flooring it?

TV valve could be stuck as well. With key OFF floor and release gas pedal many times quick and repeatedly that will sometimes release it.

The TV limit spring affects the WOT shift,but you shouldn't need to change it. Was there a time when it did shift at the correct time during WOT operation? What is the highest MPH you can achieve,in second gear with the gear selector in Drive,and still get a downshift into first by flooring it?
It's hard to say if it was ever perfect cuz I was just dealing with the tcc valve and the valve float.

It's hard to say if it was ever perfect cuz I was just dealing with the tcc valve and the valve float.
What is the highest MPH you can achieve,in second gear with the gear selector in Drive,and still get a downshift into first by flooring it?