High air temps and a/f

Highpsi, do you know what Lance's weight was on the 9.03 pass? And what is the "V1"? Air to air intercooler from Precision? My MAT is in the intake pipe just before my throttle body. I don't think it should get heat soak there right? BTW, what kinda times is the car with the PT-88 getting and what combo?
Chris, If I remember correct, the air temp starts at around 120 and steadily goes up with most of the rise in the curve comming after I shift to 2nd (powerglide).
Now for some basics. If I get the temps to drop with a better ic, I will need more fuel for denser air? Should I try more timing or no? Also with the timing, I ran 110-114 octane with 23 degrees, but I'm getting some 118 C-16. I would think that would allow for more timing right? My plugs looked new, the only colored part was the bottom of the groud strap. I was told that means I need just a little more timing to get it where there is no dark coloring on the ground strap at all. Sound right? One more thing, when we set the timing, it said 39 @ 3000 (under vacuum of course :)) on the Speed Pro, but the closest we could get the dist was to 38. So my timing should be one degree low right? Can I change the spark reference angle (set at 10 degrees stock timing for a Mustang) or should I try and move the dist just a hair more?
One more thing as far as my conservitive (maybe) a/f, my O2 is still in the header. I'm gonna move it to the downpipe, I should read even richer right? Thanks a lot guys, this is a very cool board :)

t76

The car that I built for a friend of mine went 9.59 @142 with 26 psi. with the T76 ball bearing. It dynoed out at Duttweiler's at 952 at 33 psi. It only picked up like 50 or 60 hp from 27 to 33 though. His car was an ALL steel car w/ cage etc... weighnig in at just around 3700 lbs.

Pat

QKYRNYRS that is awesome. Did the air temps increase dramatically past 26 psi? I was told mid 20's to make ~ 900 hp was a safe max for my ball bearing T76, but I could get a lil more power with more boost. But not much more power due to high air temps being past the turbos efficiency range, kinda looks like the same deal with the car you built. I'll be happy with 900 hp, but the fastest car in the class I want to run has a T76 too......I gotta bring something for him :D

Originally posted by Bobo
Highpsi, do you know what Lance's weight was on the 9.03 pass? And what is the "V1"? Air to air intercooler from Precision? My MAT is in the intake pipe just before my throttle body. I don't think it should get heat soak there right? BTW, what kinda times is the car with the PT-88 getting and what combo?

If my memory is correct at THAT time Lances car weighed around #3350 with him in it.

The V-1 is a Charged Air intercooler. I was compairing it to a standard Precision intercooler NOT the new larger one that just became available.

The car with the PT-88 ran 9.37 in last years TSE trim. It is nearly identicle to my 9.13 combo

Re: t76

Originally posted by QKRNYRS
It dynoed out at Duttweiler's at 952 at 33 psi.

Pat

Is this on a "big" motor? The reason I ask is because I have been having hard time getting more then 25-26 psi on a couple of 9 sec cars. I ASSumed it was out of turbo.

Originally posted by ChrisCairns

Art...what plugs are you running...perhaps mine are too hot?

Chris

Chris, nothing special, Autolite 103.

Art

P.S. Remember my headscratching in the pits at BG? Well, after rebuilding the heads, and replacing the turbine wheel, the car is ready to go for next weekend. Hottest time of the year, oughta be fun.

Cal, yes it's a 272 with 7.5:1 compression solid lifter cam etc....

Stage II headed with a converted carbbed intake.

Pat