High AFRs at 30lbs on my stage II

So how fast had you been with the pump on low speed? Do you know which model you have?

You can use a hobbs switch and a relay to have it automatically switch from low to high. I use my xfi and a relay to switch mine at anything greater than 100kpa and 50%tps.

I have mine done very similar but taken it one step further, I added a switch so that I can let the XFI do it automatically if I forget to do it manually. Probably not really needed but I rather switch it to full manually for that piece of mind.
Allan G.

I'm going to the track tonight :). I'm hopeful that I can drive this thing into some 8s. I've been 9.14 @152 but I short shifted 1-2, burped the throttle on the launch, and all kind of amateur driving follies.

I had that pump in my car had to pull it out, would randomly crap out, so becareful....

Last edited:
I'm going to the track tonight :). I'm hopeful that I can drive this thing into some 8s. I've been 9.14 @152 but I short shifted 1-2, burped the throttle on the launch, and all kind of amateur driving follies.
Good luck, hope you get your first 8 second pass.
Allan G.

Thanks to all.
Well It just didn't happen. I got three runs in, with the lowest being another 9.15 @149.
First excuse lol) Being the first race of the year, the track just did not have a lot of good rubber laid down. So my 60 ft times were just not consistent. I am still running a manual boost controller, so my next move is to get my AMS500 installed with CO2 tank and all.

Second, just too dang rich. The highest AFR on my last pass was 10.31. I was pulling fuel all night. This is due to me adding so much fuel when I was fighting the high AFR issue. I just don't won't to pull too much too quickly, not at 30psi.

Third, my dam shift light was not working. I have a nice MSD power grid setup and I could not get the shift light to come on, I'm sure it will be a connection issue. So I would bump the rev limiter in first gear (6700), Chris put a hydraulic cam in this thing that screams.

Ill get here next time. The major point being the engine is staying together through all of this....:D

At least you know you have enough fuel to run the number.

Dialing it in is half the fun.

Ok you went from 11.8 a/f to 9.1 a/f and lost 3 mph, how is running rich going to get you into the 8s? You need to upsize the turbine a/r and crank the boost to make more mph to get a solid 8..A/f ratio is just a few % power as you found out....

Ok you went from 11.8 a/f to 9.1 a/f and lost 3 mph, how is running rich going to get you into the 8s? You need to upsize the turbine a/r and crank the boost to make more mph to get a solid 8..A/f ratio is just a few % power as you found out....

And when exactly are you going to crank YOUR boost???? Just sayin.......

Like he said he is working on the tune now that he's got his fuel problem fixed. So you think on his first two passes to have his tune spot on?

Anything is possible,with everything on this car being top secret! Its snowing outside, patience people. ....

Anything is possible,with everything on this car being top secret! Its snowing outside, patience people. ....

Patience? There's 11 years worth of dust on your car. It's not snowing...and the temps will be back to normal starting Thursday. No reason you can't swap the injectors out next weekend...and dyno it the following weekend.

Thanks to all.
Well It just didn't happen. I got three runs in, with the lowest being another 9.15 @149.
First excuse lol) Being the first race of the year, the track just did not have a lot of good rubber laid down. So my 60 ft times were just not consistent. I am still running a manual boost controller, so my next move is to get my AMS500 installed with CO2 tank and all.

Second, just too dang rich. The highest AFR on my last pass was 10.31. I was pulling fuel all night. This is due to me adding so much fuel when I was fighting the high AFR issue. I just don't won't to pull too much too quickly, not at 30psi.

Third, my dam shift light was not working. I have a nice MSD power grid setup and I could not get the shift light to come on, I'm sure it will be a connection issue. So I would bump the rev limiter in first gear (6700), Chris put a hydraulic cam in this thing that screams.

Ill get here next time. The major point being the engine is staying together through all of this....:D

Nice job, a bit more tuning and no doubt you'll hit your number

9.1 @ `150mph any day is quite respectable - doesn't matter what day or how long you've worked on anything.
I beg to differ on A/F's affect on performance - depends on how off it is for how much of the runs. I took of 3 whole tenths dialing in mid 10 car to low 10's in just a few passes. Especially when the A/F was off (not even as off as the OP) enough within the first 100ft and throughout most of the run.