Hi from Australia

Kizza

Hi members
Thought I'd better introduce myself after gleaning info from here for quite a while. I don't own a Buick and they aren't common over here. I do have a bit of a thing for '56 2 doors though. And the g bodies of course. That brings me to the reason I've searched the forums and joined. I have a 200-4R to build for my '61 Impala with 350 to replace the powerglide. I'm really only acquiring bits and pieces at the moment so when I'm able (back injury) I'm good to go. I've got all but quality rebuild kit and billet forward drum to go. These boxes are very uncommon down under but I really thought it worth importing one over using the 700r4 that is available here. The info from these pages is priceless.
Anyway thanks for letting me join.

Attachments

• 20190705_141801.jpg
    20190705_141801.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 185
Welcome to the forum. That’s a nice looking car you’ve got there!
It looks like you need a quality rebuild kit and a billet forward drum. Do you need a rebuildable 200R4 as well?

Dave Husek would have the parts you need as well as the insight to set it up for your car.

He’s a great guy and always available to chat.

My old next door neighbor moved to Australia. Do you know her? Lol

Thanks mate. From what I've read Dave is the man. I already have a good core and I'm collecting bits when I can afford it. I've got most the hard parts sorted except the forward drum . I'll talk to Dave about that and a soft parts kit. It's a bit of a long term project though as I'm waiting for a fusion of my back.

Attachments

• 20200202_224604.jpg
    20200202_224604.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 183
Yah, that’s her. Lol

Just a few more parts and you’ll be set. That, and a good back.
Back troubles are no joke! Prayers for a speedy recovery.

I would really try for the 4R swap it has been done many times and is a great fit... in that application ... I am sure some of our guys would help you out Husek..Janis .. couple others... anyways where's Cheryl...thats what im talking about :p

I've had the box in my garage for 2 years. It's pulled down. So far I've got sprags, 10 vane pump, sun shell, stator, teflon pump bushing, and probably a few other bits. I'm also waiting for rear selective washers and I've gone with a transgo hd2 with servo. By the time I had a CK kit and servo I would have spent at least twice what the transgo kit is. Better spending money on a kit and billet forward drum. Also need a billet anchor etc.
I'll get in touch with Dave Husek for the other bits. He did say on FB to call so I'll get in touch to see what he can do for me. As it sits it probably about 400 hp and same torque. But I have thoughts of adding a torqstorm sometime.
Thanks for the welcome fellas. And I've already learned a lot from the transmission section. I'll have to look in boost pages as well. Cheryl

Yah, that’s her. Lol

Just a few more parts and you’ll be set. That, and a good back.
Back troubles are no joke! Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Yeah I had surgery that failed so need a fusion now. I'm sure next one will work.

I would really try for the 4R swap it has been done many times and is a great fit... in that application ... I am sure some of our guys would help you out Husek..Janis .. couple others... anyways where's Cheryl...thats what im talking about :p
Cheryl left after taking all your dolla. :LOL:
@Kizza, haven't heard anything in the news lately about all the fires, hows that going?

We've had torrential rain for 4 weeks so all the fires are out.
Standard Aussie weather!

Long time ago I met this girl, Cassandra from Australia, mistakenly said I liked her British accent. Whoa, never ever compare the two. Almost became an international incident. :eek:

Long time ago I met this girl, Cassandra from Australia, mistakenly said I liked her British accent. Whoa, never ever compare the two. Almost became an international incident. :eek:
Wow do you know Cassandra?
Lucky you didn't get a ride to the emergency department lol!