Hey yall. Long time.

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
I started my hybrid build a number of years ago. My personal relationship status has recently changed, so I'm back to my build, or maybe not. do I stick it out, or do I fold and part it? Discuss....

The big D Charlie. I've been distracted for a while and my build has suffered because of it. Got a bunch of money in it, still need another $1000 or so to finish, plus paint and body.

You need to look at the oveall picture since you got rid of the klingon then John. As it sits what do you have in it and how much would you get out of it right now. The market's down right now so you won't get out of it what you might if you finish it up. One other thing to think about is the power tour is going to be in Arlington this year and if you get it going you could drive it up, have some fun, and put a for sale sign on it there and get more for it faster.:)

I'd never get my money back out of it, and didn't expect to when I started. I'm not in danger of losing it, so that's not a concern, but I find that I'm not quite as enthusiastic as I was when I started. I'm working alone, with no real prior knowlege of TR's and don't know anyone locally. I'm maybe 80% done mechanically, maybe a bit more, but what remains is most of the detail stuff like wiring, interior bit's and pieces, brake bleeding, and the like. I still need a power steering resovoir, gauges (the bulk of my pending expenses, battery tray, and misc. bits and pieces. Maybe I should just ship it to you and pick it up when it's finished.

I would be happy to do it for you John.:) Sit on it for a while and go to some car shows first though and see if you get back into the mood though. Maybe see if you can hook up with someone that has a GN and take ride would help some.

Lol, spoken like a guy whose spent a few $k and knows what he's talking about.
unfortunately LOL.

i on the other hand am so-rounded by a lot of local Turbo Buick guys but i sortta like to do and screw things up my own way so i also end up doing most of the actual work by my self.

As you already know, come on here ask and then do. Thats what i do. and so far so good.
BTW sometimes it pays to close the garage and not even look at the car for a little while until the drive comes back.
Good luck dude.

I'm trying to regain that drive, hence this post to begin with. I've actually accomplished quite a bit so far, it seems a shame to quit. Charlie, Imma pm you

Once you get the bug again you will be fine. I got rid of mine and gained another:eek:
This one at least like cars and car shows. Now I need her to get a job so I can finish my limited:D good luck with that one.LOL. Mine is about 10% done so you got me beat. The big d can really mess things up but trust me you will be fine and have your car running soon.Good luck man.

Returned John.:) If it helps, it took me 3 years to get mine in the shop and after 2 years of doing what I could it's still not done Been about 8 or 9 months since I really did anything to the chasis and I'm about ready to finish the frame up and get the body off the original frame. I've been dreading that for a while now but it has to be done.:(

I wouldnt give up.

I can relate on the whole "Situation" changes.... I have been gone from this place for a little longer than a year, only returning just last week.

So why quit......... your already this far? I fight myself to find the drive...... I cant seem to pull myself off the couch, or out of a funk long enough to even stand to look at the projects.......... yet I never quit. Ive been working on 4 different projects for almost 15 years now........ and have only driven maybe 200 miles in a "project" since they all started.

Its hard, but for me its harder to deal with the regret.......... if I let one go.

Thanks Doc, that's sound advice. I pulled the tank several months ago and swapped out my 109 pump for the free replacement Walbro was offering, I'll start by getting that back in this Saturday

The big D is a deal breaker.... I had a nasty one... I left with the clothes I bought, a brand new laptop (I was in Grad School) and my daughter... I have two storage units full of car parts and cars. Most importantly I have peace of mind... I also benefit by having my Daughter. She loves cars just as much as I do. Like you, I have two projects running together. I lock the garage doors and come back every now and then. After the POWER TOUR came to Birmingham and Mobile, I got the urge to get back in the groove... Take your time and gain piece of mind... It is priceless, John:) .

John - just suck it up and get it done. You will be real happy with the finished project. If you decide to ditch it let me know; I'll check with the wife on making an offer. BUT. You have been going at this as long as I have and would really like to see us both finish our Hybrids!!

Thanks for the encouraging words Scott. I'm going to finish it. It's not near the degree of resto mod yours is though

Been gathering parts since 07 and working on the car for 3 years now John. Still don't want to give up on it and the frame is just about finished now.:D Then onto removing rust from under the body and putting things together.:)