Hesitation off line

Been dealing with this for a few days now ,searched over and over. Car was running like a animal . It has had a loped idel since I got it a few months ago. So I picked up my smoke machine,had the seal at iac leaking and egr . Fixed those. Set tps and iac . Car ran like crap ,and rich and overall just terrible. Come to find out the o2 took a crap over night. I was beating on it night before, Changed it car ran 80% better. Runs out very well at highway speeds like normal,But still a dog on take off. Checked all normal stuff. Cleaned maf. Fp good,changed tps from my T for peice of mind,Has 42lb injectors with precision chip. And maf translater. Strait pipe exhaust, Pl,Sm, Otherwise stock . 87 Gn. Idk what's going on.

i forgot to mention I picked up a calpack error 52. Which I switched 4 of those around as I have a few computers. As well as switched the ecm around to try it. No dice.

Took 30 min ride, readings at idle
Af 6
L8 44 51
Bat 13.3 or more at idle and wot
Int 120 130
Bl 121
Ats 151
Rpm750 up and down
Tps .38 wot 4.74.
Iac 6 to 10
Pu 3.2
Sp 24.0
O2 8.30 wot no knock
Maybe I fouled the plugs when o2 crapped out I will pull later and check ‍♂️

Last edited:
Yes your right about chip..I have a ms3pro on my shelf,so I don't want to buy a chip being end of season just to say it isn't that ,but I'm pulling motor and building it this winter..so more then likely I will run the blue box from Eric. The chip is 8 years old as the injectors. But we're never used at all. Until a few weeks ago. BUT as of now I want to figure out why it is acting up. Just out of the blue.

TurboWh1

This sounds early familiar to an issue I just encountered on my car. Smoke test it again you may have more leaks. Sounds like a vacuum leak. Primary causes are at the throttle body area. Specifically the throttle shaft seals and vacuum block and or hoses and lines that lead to and from the throttle body area. I'm guessing the O2 sensor bit the dust due to excessive rich condition. Good luck and let us know

This sounds early familiar to an issue I just encountered on my car. Smoke test it again you may have more leaks. Sounds like a vacuum leak. Primary causes are at the throttle body area. Specifically the throttle shaft seals and vacuum block and or hoses and lines that lead to and from the throttle body area. I'm guessing the O2 sensor bit the dust due to excessive rich condition. Good luck and let us know
I also mix about 3 gallons of 110 in with 93 every fill up as well. And being the o2 was prolly oem. It didn't help it. I will do another smoke test when I get home today. Thanks guys

Smoked it out last night. Plugged throttle body and used Fpr port, then used tail pipe for 2 cycles, Did 6 cycles which is 5 min a piece on highest setting. Zero smoke as before. Here is a SM reading after 30 min drive in idle .
Af 6
L8 44/51
Int 120/130
Bl 121
At 5/151
Tps .38/4.74 wot
Iac 6/10
O2 8.30 wot 3rd gear pull /0 knk
Bat 13.4 Wot
I have a feeling my fuel pump is going down hill under a load. I'm gonna check it today . I was a little low on fuel the other night when I was beating on it, as Guage works half ass close to correct readings.

Well after beating my head for a week and dam near pulled the motor lol. Had a exhaust gasket go. One hose on vac block had a small tear that I'm assuming presented itself under boost . Only found it when I had my hand on it it pushed down . And my cam cap was bad. I unplugged it 5 times and no change . Then removed it and put my extra cap on and worked. Was a pita BUT it's running absolutely perfect again .
And spent zero dollars doing it. Properly diagnosis of any car is key,throwing parts or guessing just costs money and generally solves nothing. Thanks for the help and suggestions guys...case closed.