Here is a Rustang guy trying to give back. DIY parts list

Thanks Gary! Terrific job, and one of the nicest I've seen.

Let this be a lesson to the shmucks that give Ford drivers a hard time!! :)

You really need to let us know how this worked out for you.

I'm curious as to wwhy you went the water route. Are you planning on adding alchy (meth) or is this the final set-up?

Come on, you like to tinker don't you? *G*

Tim - Thanks for the compliments. I am pretty proud of how it turned out. I went with water to cool the charge, so that I could add more boost. I am currently running 12 lbs on stock (iron) heads and am having a blast tweaking. I just got my PMS installed, and am in the process of seeing-
A) How big is too big on the nozzles.
B) How much timing is too much ( Hope I dont find out the hard way).

I do not plan to go with alky right now, as I am over injected as it is (blue tops), but you guys keep giving me ideas (damn you).

Gary

:)

Ideas make the world around! BTW I saved the link for other members, and it will get posted again.

Tho' I think the accumulator is over kill, The pressure guage is certainly the right idea. I agree it isn't needed to have the guage, some kind of warning light in it's place would be good. It would be great to hear what you might come up with in that regard.

Tim- I like the gauge, as it also tells me when my filter is getting clogged from scaling. I have an injection light and a "Pump On" light, both on my gauge pod. I dont use the accumulator, as my pump keeps a constant 60 lbs of pressure. My one wish is that there were more nozzles out there with threaded heads. it would sure give me more mounting options.

Gary

Hey Gary, Really enjoyed your site. I even liked all the trans info even though it's of absolutly no use to me. Anyway I have to comment on a few things. Nylon/plastic lines--I'm using them throughout my system. I originally had probs with the lines blowing out of the fitting no matter how tight I made them. I changed over to the ferrels meant for copper line and tightened them just enough to bite into the line without cutting it and haven't had a prob since (I run 80 psi). Erratic gauge reading--I had this until I installed the accumulator. What you have pictured is a "water hammer arrestor". That's similar to, but not really the same as an accumulator. I'm using a Surflo accumulater. It's large but weighs next to nothing (all plastic). It really stabilizes the pressure and prevents pump cycling.
Did you try injecting under the supercharger or isn't that possible?

Originally posted by yellow95
Tim- I like the gauge, as it also tells me when my filter is getting clogged from scaling. I have an injection light and a "Pump On" light, both on my gauge pod. I dont use the accumulator, as my pump keeps a constant 60 lbs of pressure. My one wish is that there were more nozzles out there with threaded heads. it would sure give me more mounting options.

Gary

Yes I see your point with the scaling..

Hey wouldn't it be great if someone could make an adjustable nozzle that works like a garden hose nozzle. You know go from stream to a fine mist?

That would be very cool!!

Bo- Not yet. I just got my PMS in, and am in the process of tuning. I want to get it on the dyno with wideband at least one time, before I start flogging it. Just dont expect huge numbers. It IS a heavy ass mustang.lol

The wideband is a brand that I would rather not disclose, as some have strong objections to it, and I dont need anymore flames.

gary

Originally posted by yellow95
Bo- Not yet. I just got my PMS in, and am in the process of tuning. I want to get it on the dyno with wideband at least one time, before I start flogging it. Just dont expect huge numbers. It IS a heavy ass mustang.lol

The wideband is a brand that I would rather not disclose, as some have strong objections to it, and I dont need anymore flames.

gary

cool, the reason i ask is because i need a conector for my sensor, and that is the one i need.

Sneaky- Go to the junkyard, and look for mid 90's honda civics or accords. Those connectors where used in several places in the engine compartment.

Gary