Hennessey releases details on Chevy SS upgrades, most powerful offers 1,000 hp

I get that the companies need to make money but I'd sure like to see a budget muscle car like the road runner. Unfortunately plymouth and the rest of the budget brands have disappeared.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Two me its just another 4 door car When I started driving in the stone age the 80 s You would nt look at a 4 door:wtf: unless winter was right around the corner just my 2 cents

Gotta agree. I've not owned a four door car. Thought about the g8 but couldn't pull the trigger. I like the look of the impalla ss but I doubt I can pullit then either. I do how ever like the Audi a5. Very nice looking but I've not had a foriegn make either. Time will tell, that Audi can be had in a rag top. Not sure on the power.

Unfortunately when you have family and elders to cart around 4 doors are way easier. Not doing much of either anymore but I still like the 4 door for a daily.

Do they still sell the old parts off your car to get the money to buy the go-fast parts for someone else's car?

Gotta agree. I've not owned a four door car. Thought about the g8 but couldn't pull the trigger. I like the look of the impalla ss but I doubt I can pullit then either. I do how ever like the Audi a5. Very nice looking but I've not had a foriegn make either. Time will tell, that Audi can be had in a rag top. Not sure on the power.

S5...for power

Unfortunately when you have family and elders to cart around 4 doors are way easier. Not doing much of either anymore but I still like the 4 door for a daily.
I have a suburban and a four door pickup to haul people and things. My cars are for haulin @$$.

Needless to say I'm not up on foreign cars. I'll look into the S5 . A5 Just looks smooooth to me.

Well, there was no way my Mom was going to climb in a truck after she broke her hip. Neither can my Mother-in-law in frail condition. Another must have is leather seats. Makes it easier for them to swivel out. Power seats help a lot too. Just power the seat back so they can swing their legs in. 2 elders gone, one to go. Maybe then I'll go for a 2 door.

Do they still sell the old parts off your car to get the money to buy the go-fast parts for someone else's car?[/quote

I don't know what your personal experiences with HPE, either their Texas facility or their Lake Forest, CA, facility, have been, but here's mine:

God Bless the Hennessey (HPE) Lake Forest facility & its personnel.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago my ’09 CTS-V with the HPE 700 package developed a noticeable high speed miss. It would be fine in the AM’s when just started, but when warmed up it had a miss in it. I thought that this was due to a tank of bad gas as I had just filled the tank the morning before. After adding a bottle of Sta-bil & 2 bottles of Heet, it would run fine for about 5 minutes, & then go back to its less than desirable attitude.

William Rollins suggested that I bring the car in to their shop. I took it in & they gave me a ride home.

A day or 2 later William called me with great news. The spark plugs previously installed when the meth & headers were installed was a tad too cold with the meth and at boost the spark was being blown out. They also did a compression test, leak down test, & a base line dyno at my request to verify that the car was putting out what it was before (658 RWHP) & they are delivering it to me today. Even though I told them that I would foot the bill for everything they told me that I could pay for the spark plugs ($40) if my conscience was bothering me but everything else they covered under warranty.

So bottom line HPE gave me a ride home, Changed plugs, did a dyno, leak down, & compression check, & delivered the car to me at my residence & would not take any money & / or compensation for everything done. It is just impossible to match &/or beat their customer support & service. They have stood by me through & thin & you just can’t find this type integrity, customer support & loyalty anymore.

Well, there was no way my Mom was going to climb in a truck after she broke her hip. Neither can my Mother-in-law in frail condition. Another must have is leather seats. Makes it easier for them to swivel out. Power seats help a lot too. Just power the seat back so they can swing their legs in. 2 elders gone, one to go. Maybe then I'll go for a 2 door.
My burb has all that and heated seats for those brisk mornings.

For 46k i rather buy something else i just dont like the styling of the car.. Looks horrible imo.

I agree no styling at all, ugly. Wow it's revolutionary. It's a rwd lol. It's like my old man said 20 years ago. If you throw enough money at anything it will move.

Hennesey has been linked to some pretty sketchy activities. He/they put together some out right wild stuff for magazine articles, but when actual customer cars are worked on the results aren't near as spectacular. Or so it would seem along with other shady thinks. Do a google search.