Hennessey Performance Engineering SoCal Open House 07-30-2011

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
I just talked to David Jette of Hennessey Performance Engineering, West Coast Operations and the their open house is still on.
I also got the OK to invite the SoCal turbo Buick posse, so there should be plenty of cars there. I will be bringing my Cad as my turbo Buick is down for a while.
Who all’s interested? Let's see how many CTS-V's, STS-V's, & turbo Buicks we can show up with.
Most people will be meeting at Cars & Coffee - Irvine, Sat morning, 07-30-2011, & leaving from there to go to Hennessey Performance Engineering.
Hope to see everybody there.

Hennessey Performance SoCal open house Sat 07-30-2011

You're invited to come to the Hennessey Performance SoCal facility for our Open House event on Saturday, July 30 from 10 am to 2 pm. Here are a few images of our 10,000 square foot facility located in Lake Forest, CA:
Our facility is just 10 minutes from the Irvine Cars & Coffee event which is held each Saturday morning. Here is our address and shop phone number:

Hennessey Performance Southern California
20541 Pascal Way
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Phone: 949.206.1120

Please stop by and check it out!

About Hennessey Performance Southern California:

Hennessey Southern California| Lake Forest, CA Location | Hennessey Performance

Hennessey Performance's Southern California location has moved! We now operate from a new, larger 10,000 square foot facility in Lake Forest, California. It provides closer to home sales, service and performance upgrades for customers on the West Coast.

Hennessey's Southern California Facility Includes:
• 7 Service bays
• 5 Vehicle lifts
• Welding & Metal Fabrication Shop
• Dynojet chassis dynamometer (late July)
• Customer waiting area
• Secure storage

Wow...that'll bring some fun challenges into the neighborhood.:D

How long have they been up the street from Papa Lou?

I'll try to make it in the chicken coop...
It'd be kinda fun watching all the pretty cars tremble as I roll into the parking lot all covered in feathers and poop...:cool:

Gary, this sounds like a fun one, I am hoping to make it out there. Might drive the V this time if I get the rad in time. Been too long since I have driven it!

Hennessey Performance Engineering just recently moved there from another location in Lake Forest, so they've been in the general area for quire some time. I think that it will be fun.

I will be there with the T type

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I'll be looking forward to seeing you, James & Reggie. I will be at Cars & Coffee - Irvine and then leaving there for Hennessey's which is only a few minutes away. Also, hennessey's is not more than a couple of miles from Lou's, so we all should go pester him also.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you, James & Reggie. I will be at Cars & Coffee - Irvine and then leaving there for Hennessey's which is only a few minutes away. Also, hennessey's is not more than a couple of miles from Lou's, so we all should go pester him also.

More like a few hundred yards from Lou's...
Literally up the street and around the corner from what that google map show's.

Sweet, got the kitchen pass to attend! Actually this will be "date night" (date day, really) for the wife and I. We will be in the Cad-V. She is "done" spending money on the GN, but may not be so "done" on spending money on the V. I am planting the seed for a supercharger, so hopefully there are lots of supercharged cars up there. ;)

Gary, you give rides in your V? ;)

Sweet, got the kitchen pass to attend! Actually this will be "date night" (date day, really) for the wife and I. We will be in the Cad-V. She is "done" spending money on the GN, but may not be so "done" on spending money on the V. I am planting the seed for a supercharger, so hopefully there are lots of supercharged cars up there. ;)

Gary, you give rides in your V? ;)

We can do that. Guaranteed not much fun in a stock V, though, even a V2.
Soon that will be a different story. It's getting ready for some mods coming up pretty quick.

See you guys tomorrow morning, Irvine Cars & Coffee or later at Hennessey Performance Engineering.

It happened....

I was the only Buick there and I parked up the block from the shop. There were plenty of Camaros,Vettes, hopped up GT 40s, and Vipers. They also had a really nice Ferrari in the shop too.

I was the only Buick there and I parked up the block from the shop. There were plenty of Camaros,Vettes, hopped up GT 40s, and Vipers. They also had a really nice Ferrari in the shop too.
Sorry that I missed you, Reggie. I was there until about 12ish or so. Don't remember a Ferrari in their shop, I must have missed that, but there was the Hennessey Viper GT TT which produces about 1200 RWHP or so. At a cost of about $950,000. Only a tad shy of a cool million.
They also did a few pulls with the Cad CTS-V Hennessey 650 wagon. Pulled 544 RWHP on 91. 5 Cad CTS-V's showed up, mine, Hectors with about 565 RWHP modded by Charlie at RPM in Valencia, Scott's '07 STS-V with some motor & chassis tweaks, Bill's new '11 CTS-V wagon, and Craig's from San Jose, an almost stock V1. As Hector & I left C&C early at about 8:30 or so & went to Hennessey's we got to park inside the main lot with big $$ cars.

Sorry that I missed you, Reggie. I was there until about 12ish or so. Don't remember a Ferrari in their shop, I must have missed that, but there was the Hennessey Viper GT TT which produces about 1200 RWHP or so. At a cost of about $950,000. Only a tad shy of a cool million.
They also did a few pulls with the Cad CTS-V Hennessey 650 wagon. Pulled 544 RWHP on 91. 5 Cad CTS-V's showed up, mine, Hectors with about 565 RWHP modded by Charlie at RPM in Valencia, Scott's '07 STS-V with some motor & chassis tweaks, Bill's new '11 CTS-V wagon, and Craig's from San Jose, an almost stock V1. As Hector & I left C&C early at about 8:30 or so & went to Hennessey's we got to park inside the main lot with big $$ cars.

It was a good time, and there were lots of cars to drool over. We got there about 11ish, and left about 1230ish. I saw the T, very nice Reggie! I took some pics of it, hope you don't mind.

I thing we must have gotten there not too long after they did the dyno pulls, I could still smell the exhaust when we walked up, and the V was still warm. There were some amazing cars there, that is for sure. Can't believe I missed you Gary, I was keeping my eye out for you. Overall had a good time, and reminded myself that I will probably never afford to have work done at a shop like that, or afford a car like that. :eek:

I will try to post up some pics here after a bit.

James & Reggie:
Do either one of you guys remembering seeing my '09 CTS-V. I was parked in the inside perimeter in the corner of the row where they had the Dupont Registry magazines on display. Hector was parked right next to me, he left first, and they were filling in that back row with either Vipers or Ford GT's, don't remember which one. I might have left a little earlier than i thought. Sorry to have missed you guys.

I got there a little after 10am and we left round 1130. I was looking for you but I never saw you there Gary, sorry.

James & Reggie:
Do either one of you guys remembering seeing my '09 CTS-V. I was parked in the inside perimeter in the corner of the row where they had the Dupont Registry magazines on display. Hector was parked right next to me, he left first, and they were filling in that back row with either Vipers or Ford GT's, don't remember which one. I might have left a little earlier than i thought. Sorry to have missed you guys.

Gary, by the time we made it up there, the Ford GT's had taken up residence there. Never saw your car. Instead of resizing and posting a bunch of pics, here is a link to my Photobucket site, with the Hennessey folder public. Please let me know if it doesn't work.

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d190/Squid4life/HENNESSEY OPEN HOUSE/?start=all

James:
Thanks so much for taking, posting, & sharing the great pics. It's too bad that we all could not have all hooked up at the same time.