Help with shifter cable

86GN-SS

I got an 87 T-type with a turbo 350 trans, and have been dealing with using a 2004r cable for a while now but its just not right, getting it into park is tough, and now i cant even get it to go down to first.

Since changing my turbo id been having problems getting the car to shift under boost, no vacuum? anyway im switching to manual valve body to just bypass the bull****, and so id really like to have a cable setup that works correctly.

Anybody been through this and can help me with the correct cables and brackets i need to do this right? I went through a bunch of cables with brian years ago and i gave up.

Thanks

Stock shifter. I had ordered one for a monte from brian, he said thatd work also, but it was to big. I dunno if the bracket on the tranny has to coincide with the cable?

I've seen the TH350 shifter work with 2004R trans, just could get manual 1st gear.
But I've seen many say they have problems using 2004R shifter with TH350Trans.
Trans Lever bracket & Cable bracket should work with either Trans.

yea at first i only had a lil problem getting the car into park, kinda made me nervous it was gonna pop out or something, but i was able to go through all gears no problem, then i mess with the cable and got it to go better into park, now i cant get 1st...

would an aftermarket shifter cut out the guesswork, if so are there any that dont require modification to the console, or that dont have a real strong "racecar" look?

B&M Quick Silver works well. May require minor mods underneath console cover. Do a search here or MonteCarloSS forum, I know I've seen some install threads.