Help With Scanmaster Readings Please

dhy808

I replaced my O2 sensor with a Denso unit as recommended here and improvement. I'm now in the 775 to 850+ range (used to be in the 460 and below)

These are the reading that I got after changing the O2 sensor out:

On my first run the gauge showed me Spark Advance at 17.1 and an injector voltage reading of I believe 5.5 (not positive on this number) On my second run these readings did not show up on the Scanmaster and I couldn't find them using the recall button. It also showed meo2 readings of 775 to 800's and 0.0mv @ 0mph when I hit the recall button. All other readings were similar to the second run readings as shown below

O2 reading 775 to 800's When I hit the recall button I got 777 @ 57mph, when I hit the recall again it gave me 1.4 @57mph
MAF 5
LV8 39
Volts 13.2
Int 132
Blm 123
Tps 38
Iac 52
O2 CC jump around from 180 - 240

From previous help that I have gotten here that my TPS reading are low and my IAC reading is high. I haven't attempted to adjust them yet. The car does feel better with the new o2 sensor. Any help deciphering this information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This is a scan master G? If so I would consider using the app that allows you to blue tooth, to the SM which allows you to see a lot of data at once and can record an entire run of data instead of a few recall data points

It appears that replacing the O2 sensor made an improvement. Your TPS is low, IAC is a tad high but not horrible. I would make the adjustment aim for .46 TPS and 20-30 IAC at warm idle. What MAF are you using?

It appears that replacing the O2 sensor made an improvement. Your TPS is low, IAC is a tad high but not horrible. I would make the adjustment aim for .46 TPS and 20-30 IAC at warm idle. What MAF are you using?

I believe that it is the stock unit

This is a scan master G? If so I would consider using the app that allows you to blue tooth, to the SM which allows you to see a lot of data at once and can record an entire run of data instead of a few recall data points

Yes, it is a SM G. Thanks I will look into the app

Thanks. Is the app available from Bailey or is it a third party developer. Free or pay?

Aldldroid is the app I’m using, bob bailey will send a file to you that you have to install into the app, I think the app costs $20 iirc. It’s not bobs app but he works directly with the developer I believe

Thank you all, starting to make some sense of this. does this o2 reading and recall indicate (777 / 57mph, when I hit the recall again it gave me 1.4 / 57mph ) indicate 777 o2 and 1.4 knock at this speed?

Can anyone tell me why on the initial run it showed me Spark Advance at 17.1 and an injector voltage reading of I believe 5.5 and after that these readings didn't come up?

I am not aware of any Aldl scan tool that reads spark advance and inj volts, but I’m still learning the SMG as well. There is a YouTube channel called turbobuicks 101, I suggest you watch every video starting from the first one, but there is at least one that goes over the scanmaster and what it can do

I am not aware of any Aldl scan tool that reads spark advance and inj volts, but I’m still learning the SMG as well. There is a YouTube channel called turbobuicks 101, I suggest you watch every video starting from the first one, but there is at least one that goes over the scanmaster and what it can do

Thanks for the advice. Oh no, don't tell me that I'm starting to see things! I had taken photos of my scanmaster's readings but they all came up blurred. I could swear that I saw both of these readings!

I went back thru turbobuicks 101 vids, all his SM vids are non G, but if you you tube search scanmaster g bob baileys vids show up, so watch those too

Check out 0:20 of this video. I was not imagining things after all!

Watch 0:22 of the video too. INJ PWR Injector Power? I got both of these read outs once and they didn't come back after that

Thank you all, starting to make some sense of this. does this o2 reading and recall indicate (777 / 57mph, when I hit the recall again it gave me 1.4 / 57mph ) indicate 777 o2 and 1.4 knock at this speed?

Can anyone tell me why on the initial run it showed me Spark Advance at 17.1 and an injector voltage reading of I believe 5.5 and after that these readings didn't come up?
Yes, when it recorded, your MV was 777, 1.4 degrees of knock retard, and it was at 57mph, since you've had 2 VERY different readings, 17.1 and 1.4 knock retard, take a look at things that could be hitting causing "false knock"