help with no start tree

jpal

car will crank but will not start,i have spark and fuel press.at the rail.so I started down the tree and I am at step 8 and if im reading it correctly im to put 12 volts to term. "c" in the c3 harness and it should light the noid light?it isn't lighting the light ,but it is powering up the fuel pump relay on the fender which is powering up the pump?what does this mean and what is my next step?

Check for power at the c3i plug.

There are 2 pnk/blk wires. They both should have 12vdc power with the key on. A test light is your best friend. Lol!

Both get power from fuse panel. So if you don’t have power on one or the other check fuses.

Good luck!!

thank you,I have power at terminal "p" on the c3 harness and also have power at the injector,both fuses in the fuse panel are good.

check engine light was not coming on,so when I pulled the gauge cluster apart,i found that someone removed the bulb.the only code I was getting on the sm when the car was running was I believe code 44 lean exhaust condition?

I love that one. Check engine light is on and someone’s fix is remove the bulb.

Code 44 is not going to prevent the motor from running.

Verify the cam sensor wheel is spinning when you crank the engine.

Unplug the ecm and check the plug sockets for white corrosion and missing pins.

I have a new caspers cap with light and the light was blinking when the car is turned over,but I popped it off to check and the cam is spinning.i unplugged both plugs from ecm and checked each wire in both plugs and all look good and pins all look good.

Do you have a stock cam sensor cap to try?
The Casper’s led cap are known to have problems.

Does the noid light show any signal when you turn over the engine?

I broke the stock cap while I was trying to get the thermostat out,thats why I bought the new one.noid light does not show anything while turning car over.i have power on the one pin of the injector harness.is there a way to test the cap?

Ahh roger that.

You can use a cam sensor setting tool to check the signal but the led cap is basically the same thing as the tool.

Keep in mind the noid light does not light up bright. It’s a faint flash that can be hard to see.

Inspect the module plug and pins.
If all looks good I would try to borrow another ignition module to try.

I see your in Mexico NY , I'm in Ontario NY and I have a good ignition module you could try . I'm guessing that you're just getting your car ready for spring and don't need it right away cause you get WAY more snow than me . So if you can wait till next weekend maybe we can get this car running . Worst case you can take it to " pdzz " ( Phil Bassage ) in Canandaigua NY , he owns Mastertech Automotive and a few turbo buicks too .
Sam

ill take a closer look at the noid light,but im pretty sure the injectors are not spraying.i have pulled a plug after cranking for awhile and the plugs are bone dry.im actually in old forge for the winter,where we get even more snow!!!!so the car isn't going anywhere anytime soon,even if it was running.i just spent this past weekend in mexico and will most likely heading back out this weekend,if the weather is good,to check on my boat and camper after this wind storm.thanks guys for helping a newbe out