HELP!! with injectors 100%D.C

gntyDenver

GnTy
I had 95lb inj. my FAST was saying inj. D.C LIMIT, So I went to 120lbs same issue So I just installed 160 and this damn thing is still POPPING in top of 2nd to 3rd with my FOOT all the way dwn I glance at computer and see D.C limit at 100 Percent!! this cant be tru can sum1 plz explain and :confused:help me!!

I dont have any experience with E85 but I think you need to tell the FAST you have different size injectors than what you truly have. I am sure one of the Guru's will chime in. Good luck

Bryan

I have put everything in with VIA HARTLINE on phone... but this issue is still here I thought this would solve my problem car runs great until 75% dwn then injectors keep maxing out!

OK THX I am going to check filters in morning but I know I do have S.S PRE & AFTER filters, I had that paper problem last year! and I know this FUEL-LAB pump is one of the best if u look them up, I know the pump is keeping up I went thru a A1000 last year also.

not enough fuel pump or a collapsing paper fuel filter

Second Surej's motion. It would be helpful to data log the fuel pressure when this is happening.

I have found the new high flow fuel pumps need more than a hot wire kit, but larger wires all the way to the pump itself, to take full advantage of their capabilities. You would be surprised at the current the pumps draw when creating the higher pressures needed. Finally went with a double pumper set up. This time supplied the power to the pumps via a 10 gage wire (on it's own fusible link) to the trunk then 12 gage wires from each relay to the tank and 14 gage wires inside to the pumps, with same gage grounds for each pump. Now the duty cycle when the engine exceeds 5700 RPM is where it should be.

Sounds like you have spent a lot of money on injectors.

Second Surej's motion. I have found the new high flow fuel pumps need more than a hot wire kit, but larger wires all the way to the pump itself, to get full advantage of their capabilities. You would be surprised at the current the pumps draw when creating the higher pressures needed. Finally went with a double pumper set up. This time supplied the power to the pumps via a 10 gage wire (on it's own fusible link) to the trunk then 12 gage wires from each relay to the tank and 14 gage wires inside to the pumps, with same gage grounds for each pump. Now the duty cycle when the engine exceeds 5700 RPM are where it should be.

Sounds like you have spent a lot of money on injectors.

HMM......Pump was supplied with 10 Gauge relay Going to Batt. in trunk that 1 reason I had to get a 200 AMP Alternator I tried to list a pic to show but i cant figure how to add to this post..... B.T.W once my problem is fixed I will have Injectors for sale. THX FOR INFO!!!

HMM......Pump was supplied with 10 Gauge relay Going to Batt. in trunk that 1 reason I had to get a 200 AMP Alternator I tried to list a pic to show but i cant figure how to add to this post..... B.T.W once my problem is fixed I will have Injectors for sale. THX FOR INFO!!!

What fuel lab pump you using?

You're maxing 120lbers with that pump? Something doesn't sound right.

I plan on running dual 41402's.

YES GLAD u see Y im soo CoNfUsEd!!! these pumps have a hi and lo setting for street and track just swicth the toggle and this thing DRINKS!! So what do u think now?

95# injectors were good for 127 mph traps in my car. Is your car that fast right now? That would be like mid 10s.
What is your fuel system setup? To me, I think its either in your xfi setup or fuel delivery system.

As mentioned: Log the fuel psi.
Also, if the filters are the same brand, are the elements reversed w/ the 10M before the pump?
How is the pump being fed? Sumped tank, cell??
The pump chart shows that that pump will draw about 18A at 70psi op pressure. Assuming only the FAST, and engine load being a batt draw, while on the track, why is a 200A alt necessary? What does the data log show for volts?
Have you done volt drop tests on the + & - side of the entire system?
What are the plugs telling you?
Last: Is the "2 step" on the fuel pump really working? Backwards?

YES GLAD u see Y im soo CoNfUsEd!!! these pumps have a hi and lo setting for street and track just swicth the toggle and this thing DRINKS!! So what do u think now?

Call fuel lab and explain your problem. I would put money that you're feed lines are inadequate, or your return. Could be a filter as well.

That pump flow almost 800lb/hr at 80psi. You shouldn't be maxing it out. I think you have other issues.

I'm thinking of doing dual 42401's instead :D 2000lb/hr @ 80psi

Call fuel lab and explain your problem. I would put money that you're feed lines are inadequate, or your return. Could be a filter as well.

That pump flow almost 800lb/hr at 80psi. You shouldn't be maxing it out. I think you have other issues.

I'm thinking of doing dual 42401's instead :D 2000lb/hr @ 80psi

called them my setup is right #10 from sump to pump #8 to feed #6 to return...they say my regulator doesnt handle my pump.

called them my setup is right #10 from sump to pump #8 to feed #6 to return...they say my regulator doesnt handle my pump.
I have used a Weldon 2025 before with the stock type regulator and it worked fine. Those pumps will empty a summing pool in 5 minutes lol. Can you bypass the inlet filter? Maybe its having issues drawing the fuel in

I have used a Weldon 2025 before with the stock type regulator and it worked fine. Those pumps will empty a summing pool in 5 minutes lol. Can you bypass the inlet filter? Maybe its having issues drawing the fuel in

I was thinking that!!! also I am re-mounting my pump with fresh wires and im taking the pre-filter off!

that could be it. Even Aeromotive told me that when I called them to ask them if their AFPR would work with FL pumps.

I can't see you maxing 120lbers with E85 and that pump.. do you have the high speed controller done right? Something in the equation is missing.

that could be it. Even Aeromotive told me that when I called them to ask them if their AFPR would work with FL pumps.

I can't see you maxing 120lbers with E85 and that pump.. do you have the high speed controller done right? Something in the equation is missing.

Yes speed contoller is hooked up right also checked that already...So do u know who makes a good regulator that fits in the stock location?