Help with a/r choice

V6sleeper

Its not that easy to Max out any turbo on a street combo for the common turbo regal, some turbos can be pushed way past their advertised hp rating.
A lot of people jump up in turbo size when they only used 65% of there current turbo's potential . i have been guilty of this in the past myself.
Guys that run high 10s with little bitty 49s/44s have maxed out the turbo's potential, if your not running 10.40-10.60 with your signature 6262 keep trying because at low 11s your only at 65% and probably over turbo'd

hensleyt

Its not that easy to Max out any turbo on a street combo for the common turbo regal, some turbos can be pushed way past their advertised hp rating.
A lot of people jump up in turbo size when they only used 65% of there current turbo's potential . i have been guilty of this in the past myself.
Guys that run high 10s with little bitty 49s/44s have maxed out the turbo's potential, if your not running 10.40-10.60 with your signature 6262 keep trying because at low 11s your only at 65% and probably over turbo'd
I’m sure I’ll get my 5857 in the high 10s soon. I’ll never trade it’s street manners for a low 10 second turbo. But I do lay in bed sometimes thinking of pulling the wheels off the ground and getting a low 10 second pass. Waking up to the tec inspection guy telling me never to come back. I’m already on thin ice with him.
I’m sure that turbo will bring you many smiles.

T-type Jones

What all did it take for you to convert to e85?
New 20 gallon fuel tank, teflon fuel lines, 79# fuel injectors, Walbro fuel pump w adjustable regulator and the time a Precision 6152 @ 19#. I may have forgotten a couple things that was years ago. But 2 years ago That Turbo had to be replaced So last year I replaced it with the 6266 running on 25#'s of BOOST, and of course a few other mods just for fun LOL

theterrible

New 20 gallon fuel tank, teflon fuel lines, 79# fuel injectors, Walbro fuel pump w adjustable regulator and the time a Precision 6152 @ 19#. I may have forgotten a couple things that was years ago. But 2 years ago That Turbo had to be replaced So last year I replaced it with the 6266 running on 25#'s of BOOST, and of course a few other mods just for fun LOL
I'm definitely interested in the larger tank, that's a must for e85. Is it stock location? how can i get one?

T-type Jones

I'm definitely interested in the larger tank, that's a must for e85. Is it stock location? how can i get one?
Did it during the conversion around 2011 in Indiana, I wish I'd thought about it, I had a chance to grab one at the junk yard about a year ago, they had a 85 Buick Le Sabra out there, but I did get the electric trunk switch and all the wiring including the switch...I probably need to post and sell it, before it collects too much dust...LOL Sorry yes it is a stock location

Last edited:

theterrible

Did it during the conversion around 2011 in Indiana, I wish I'd thought about it, I had a chance to grab one at the junk yard about a year ago, they had a 85 Buick Le Sabra out there, but I did get the electric trunk switch and all the wiring including the switch...I probably need to post and sell it, before it collects too much dust...LOL Sorry yes it is a stock location
So the tank came from a 85 LeSabre?

T-type Jones

So the tank came from a 85 LeSabre?
I'm not for sure, but they have bigger tanks on them, and back then so many parts were interchangeable, but I'm sure that one had the bigger tank, every now and then I can get lucky and find older GM's at the salvage yard when I go home to Missouri and sometimes Kansas. If I can remember I'll try to call a couple yards Monday to see what they have, Sometimes they'll tell you

theterrible

I'm not for sure, but they have bigger tanks on them, and back then so many parts were interchangeable, but I'm sure that one had the bigger tank, every now and then I can get lucky and find older GM's at the salvage yard when I go home to Missouri and sometimes Kansas. If I can remember I'll try to call a couple yards Monday to see what they have, Sometimes they'll tell you
thank you sir. I just needed a direction, and i can start researching it from there