help-wife wants to become massage therapist

dammm.. you are lucky with the responses you have got from these guys.. I'd say no way .. Oh....A few other car BB's I am on would have a 100 page thread in 1 day about this .... I may have to post something like it to see what they do.. :p

I'd say it has no way as much to do with trust as the fact of your wife being put the closest thing to the "real thing" for some money...

If your wife is even decent looking and some dude is getting a "massage" and he gets a glimpse of just the right angle on something he is going to get excited more than likely... We are all men and know how the mind can wonder even if you have the best of intentions, even if it is just for a split second...

I can not see putting my wife in that environment... She can be 100% loyal to you but that doesn't mean the man isn't drooling... I love my wife so I don't think she would even want to do something like this... Not saying anything bad, just expressing my mindset...

My dog is loyal. Doesnt mean I have to put a t-bone under his nose all the time until he breaks. Sooner or latter something will happen. How its handled can affect the rest of your life.

Like racing a Buick at 30 PSI boost.. sooner or latter :D

Just a single guys opinion here...

I'm sure your wife is aware of the risk she is going to be taking. With that said if she wanted to cheat on you she would have done it by now don't you think? Some people are more curious of what they can't see. It sounds like you don't have "enough" trust in her, or may not have "enough" self esteem. What about when she's out in the public, I'm sure she turns heads, don't let it stop her from reaching her goal if it's what she really wants. I have learned that if you listen to a women long enough you will see they love a confident man that is not insecure. Does that fit your description? My doctor is an attractive younger (still older than me) woman who is married. I don't think her Hubby is upset about her having the pleasure of seeing me in the nude...:biggrin: But on the other hand, I wouldn't try to mess around with a married woman either. Although a suga mama that is a doctor could buy me nice parts....:wink:

I'm sure your wife is aware of the risk she is going to be taking. With that said if she wanted to cheat on you she would have done it by now don't you think? Some people are more curious of what they can't see. It sounds like you don't have "enough" trust in her, or may not have "enough" self esteem. What about when she's out in the public, I'm sure she turns heads, don't let it stop her from reaching her goal if it's what she really wants. I have learned that if you listen to a women long enough you will see they love a confident man that is not insecure. Does that fit your description? My doctor is an attractive younger (still older than me) woman who is married. I don't think her Hubby is upset about her having the pleasure of seeing me in the nude...:biggrin: But on the other hand, I wouldn't try to mess around with a married woman either. Although a suga mama that is a doctor could buy me nice parts....:wink:

You might not be the kind to mess around with someone that is already taken, but there are plenty of guys that would. I don't see a self esteem issue, or even a trust issue. I think Razor said it best. He knows that his wife is loyal and honest, but with so many career choices out there, why even risk it? I have always been faithful to my wife, but I can tell you that if the shoe was on the other foot and I was a masseur; I might be tempted.

You might not be the kind to mess around with someone that is already taken, but there are plenty of guys that would. I don't see a self esteem issue, or even a trust issue. I think Razor said it best. He knows that his wife is loyal and honest, but with so many career choices out there, why even risk it? I have always been faithful to my wife, but I can tell you that if the shoe was on the other foot and I was a masseur; I might be tempted.

It takes "one" person to flirt but it take "two" people to mess around. Now if he trusts his wife and knows she is loyal then he should not be worried about it. Also if he does not have issues with trust or question her self control maybe he "is" insecure. I can't find another logical explanation for his position. Not trying to be hard on the guy or anyone that agrees with him. Just my 02...

All of you guys are making really good points, and I'm really trying to have an open mind about this- after all, I love my wife and want her to know I want her to be happy most of all. I don't want her to think I don't trust her. But it's not so much her, but just the thought of possibly being so flagrantly disrespected by some guy who mistook her for being one of these girls who may offer a "hand" so to speak at the end of the massage.

My wife is very attractive. My wife is busty. My wife can radiate a sensual vibe, at least to me. I know other men would love to line up to have her rub their backsides, legs, thighs, shoulders and chest from her if given the opportunity. Hey, why not. $30 to $70 isn't bad at all for that.

A few of you have hit it on the nail on how I feel about it. Sgrim too said it right! Seeyabye below really makes a really good point to me. And so have many others on here.

I'm not an extremely jealous person. However, I'm intimate. I would have to say I'm somewhat jealous if this is what it comes down to. What's so wrong about feeling like this? Trust?? In today's world?? How bout give me every reason for us to "trust each other??"

I honestly feel that choosing a smart career path with potential is smarter than just acting impulsively, thinking that you're going to make a quick buck rubbing the heck out of other strangers, and listening to them moaning for between a half hour to hour and half. Heck, I've even heard of 2 hour massages? What the heck could someone be doing for 2 hours during a massage??

My wife should of chose this career path when she was 20 years old. Not at 45, with a couple of little ones, and a husband who's an engineer who makes a good living where she doesn't have to work at all. I am open minded, and feel like I need to see a therapist (counselor) if she does choose this career path. This will cost us more in the long run..

By the way, I truly thank you guys/ladies who have responded. Also to all who have responded positively and pro-massage therapy and to trust her. There's some really interesting, good advice regarding this. And I truly love my wife enough to consider her feelings and aspirations. I didn't know who else to go to regarding this. There's a lot of good comments on this board.

I also love to the laughs. I love the one who mentioned to "send in one of my friends to try and obtain a happy ending and see what happens." That sounded like something out of a movie. lol! :)

I agree with most of the responses here. I believe that you trust your wife. There is no way I would let my wife become a massage therapist. Not because I don't trust her, but because I don't trust everybody else. I don't want her to even be put in a position where she would have an opportunity to be disrespected. I agree that she should get a job and get out of the house. She wants to go to school to better herself and prepare for a career, great. Massage therapy? I don't think so. That is a job better left to people that are not intimately involved with someone else. I don't blame you for being upset.

All of you guys are making really good points, and I'm really trying to have an open mind about this- after all, I love my wife and want her to know I want her to be happy most of all. I don't want her to think I don't trust her. But it's not so much her, but just the thought of possibly being so flagrantly disrespected by some guy who mistook her for being one of these girls who may offer a "hand" so to speak at the end of the massage.

My wife is very attractive. My wife is busty. My wife can radiate a sensual vibe, at least to me. I know other men would love to line up to have her rub their backsides, legs, thighs, shoulders and chest from her if given the opportunity. Hey, why not. $30 to $70 isn't bad at all for that.

A few of you have hit it on the nail on how I feel about it. Sgrim too said it right! Seeyabye below really makes a really good point to me. And so have many others on here.

I'm not an extremely jealous person. However, I'm intimate. I would have to say I'm somewhat jealous if this is what it comes down to. What's so wrong about feeling like this? Trust?? In today's world?? How bout give me every reason for us to "trust each other??"

I honestly feel that choosing a smart career path with potential is smarter than just acting impulsively, thinking that you're going to make a quick buck rubbing the heck out of other strangers, and listening to them moaning for between a half hour to hour and half. Heck, I've even heard of 2 hour massages? What the heck could someone be doing for 2 hours during a massage??

My wife should of chose this career path when she was 20 years old. Not at 45, with a couple of little ones, and a husband who's an engineer who makes a good living where she doesn't have to work at all. I am open minded, and feel like I need to see a therapist (counselor) if she does choose this career path. This will cost us more in the long run..

By the way, I truly thank you guys/ladies who have responded. Also to all who have responded positively and pro-massage therapy and to trust her. There's some really interesting, good advice regarding this. And I truly love my wife enough to consider her feelings and aspirations. I didn't know who else to go to regarding this. There's a lot of good comments on this board.

I also love to the laughs. I love the one who mentioned to "send in one of my friends to try and obtain a happy ending and see what happens." That sounded like something out of a movie. lol! :)

From what you have said it would probably only be a matter of time before some a-hole would grossly offend her and you will feel compelled to unleash a can of whoop azz.. Think about yourself too. Can you handle that rage? Under the right circumstances I can see me going to someones head quick over my wife... Sounds like you got a good looking wife. Call me shovenist or whatever but I think you would have trouble sooner or later... Again not by her but most men will be men...

I can probably answer this BETTER than anyone on here.

MY wife is a Massage Therapist. We've even owned a Massage Thereapy CLINIC (note: NOT "parlor") for years. She now teaches, though. All you guys on here with your negative statements about therapists have NO idea what is involved. A Korean whore house is NOT a massage clinic. It is a whore house. PERIOD! My wife read this post and was about to "lock and load":mad: :mad: ! It is a VERY professional living. In the many years that my wife and our staff had been doing business, there has never been an issue, with one exception, and that was by a stalker. My wife called the referring doctor, and the guy (actually a freak) never returned. (He was a liscensed counselor, would you want your wife doing THAT???) Spend time at a therapist office and see what they do. Have 10-15 massages and see what REALLY goes on. ALL your thoughts/fears are nothing more than being scared of the ghost under your bed. Time to change outta your spiderman undies and be a man. If any of you on here think differently, then you must have been to a whore house, and not a massage CLINIC. (and I'm gonna tell your wives/girlfriends, now, too. ) Would you feel the same if she worked for a urologist? How about doing vasectomies? Prostrate exams? They are all Professional HEALTH CARE Providers. Are there massage parlors out there? yep. But, they are NOT massage therapists, they are HOOKERS!
When the client is laying on the table, a therapist is thinking of the individual as a pile of muscles and bones. They are trying to fix an underlying problem. One great example of the good they do: There was one woman that came in for a massage (doctor referral) and she was scheduled for RADICAL surgery to repair her postural and SERIOUS pain problem. 45 minutes later she could stand up for the first time in over 10 YEARS! She was SOOOOooo mad at her surgeon. He had told her that her ONLY option was surgery. So, they really do alot of good. Dental hygenists probaly have more guys gropping them than massage therapists. Some guys would grope a 90 year old lady if they could. If they are encountered in a clinical office, there are ways to deal with it. There are forms they sign PRIOR to a massage, explaining the expectations of the visit. (a .357 in the drawer is a good thing, too, especially if you are a dental hygenist, or Proctologist, or mechanic, or teacher, or...) Undercover cops WILL come and visit on occasion to see if there is any wierd stuff going on. Then they'll send all thier co-workers and wives to see her, if she is good. Massage Therapy is a VERY tough business, with many rewards.
If she want to make a career change, encourage her. Get OVER your fears. They are NOTHING! Would your wife freak out if YOU became a OB/GYN? Hell, women WILLINGLY spread thier legs for them. Guys on a massage table are covered, and fully understand what is expected of them prior to getting on the table, at least on my wifes table, and they are COMPLETELY covered, shoulders to feet. They are professionally uncovered as needed, with the waist ALWAYS covered. I have many many friends that have been massaged by my wife. They ALL complain about how PAINFUL it is!:biggrin: But, am amazed at how better they feel.
Frankly, many of the comments on here about therapists is INSULTING!!!!, and sets the tone of WHO "YOU" are. What happened to "Fast with Class"? Never introduce yourself to my wife. It would get UGLY!
If you have ANY questions, you (or your wife) can feel free to call me or my wife. PM me for my number.

Ken.....husband of a PROFESSIONAL massage THERAPIST.

Dental hygenists probaly have more guys gropping them than massage therapists.

My wife has been harrassed several times. They had to give the patient the boot.

MY wife is a Massage Therapist. We've even owned a Massage Thereapy CLINIC (note: NOT "parlor") for years. She now teaches, though. All you guys on here with your negative statements about therapists have NO idea what is involved. A Korean whore house is NOT a massage clinic. It is a whore house. PERIOD! My wife read this post and was about to "lock and load":mad: :mad: ! It is a VERY professional living. In the many years that my wife and our staff had been doing business, there has never been an issue, with one exception, and that was by a stalker. My wife called the referring doctor, and the guy (actually a freak) never returned. (He was a liscensed counselor, would you want your wife doing THAT???) Spend time at a therapist office and see what they do. Have 10-15 massages and see what REALLY goes on. ALL your thoughts/fears are nothing more than being scared of the ghost under your bed. Time to change outta your spiderman undies and be a man. If any of you on here think differently, then you must have been to a whore house, and not a massage CLINIC. (and I'm gonna tell your wives/girlfriends, now, too. ) Would you feel the same if she worked for a urologist? How about doing vasectomies? Prostrate exams? They are all Professional HEALTH CARE Providers. Are there massage parlors out there? yep. But, they are NOT massage therapists, they are HOOKERS!
When the client is laying on the table, a therapist is thinking of the individual as a pile of muscles and bones. They are trying to fix an underlying problem. One great example of the good they do: There was one woman that came in for a massage (doctor referral) and she was scheduled for RADICAL surgery to repair her postural and SERIOUS pain problem. 45 minutes later she could stand up for the first time in over 10 YEARS! She was SOOOOooo mad at her surgeon. He had told her that her ONLY option was surgery. So, they really do alot of good. Dental hygenists probaly have more guys gropping them than massage therapists. Some guys would grope a 90 year old lady if they could. If they are encountered in a clinical office, there are ways to deal with it. There are forms they sign PRIOR to a massage, explaining the expectations of the visit. (a .357 in the drawer is a good thing, too, especially if you are a dental hygenist, or Proctologist, or mechanic, or teacher, or...) Undercover cops WILL come and visit on occasion to see if there is any wierd stuff going on. Then they'll send all thier co-workers and wives to see her, if she is good. Massage Therapy is a VERY tough business, with many rewards.
If she want to make a career change, encourage her. Get OVER your fears. They are NOTHING! Would your wife freak out if YOU became a OB/GYN? Hell, women WILLINGLY spread thier legs for them. Guys on a massage table are covered, and fully understand what is expected of them prior to getting on the table, at least on my wifes table, and they are COMPLETELY covered, shoulders to feet. They are professionally uncovered as needed, with the waist ALWAYS covered. I have many many friends that have been massaged by my wife. They ALL complain about how PAINFUL it is!:biggrin: But, am amazed at how better they feel.
Frankly, many of the comments on here about therapists is INSULTING!!!!, and sets the tone of WHO "YOU" are. What happened to "Fast with Class"? Never introduce yourself to my wife. It would get UGLY!
If you have ANY questions, you (or your wife) can feel free to call me or my wife. PM me for my number.

I sure hope you or her weren't referring to my posts... I never said anything bad about the profession. I am saying that some men no matter what setting will get the wrong idea... I said I wouldn't put my wife in that position. I have an attractive wife too, I don't want her being a freaking Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader either... To each their own. Some men like it when other men are attracted to their wives, again to each their own...

Just imagine walking into a professional message therapist office and you can pick between a 6-5" 400 pound ugly nasty looking dude or a young hot blonde built like a brick **** house. WHO YOU GOING TO PICK TO RUB YOU DOWN?

I sure hope you or her weren't referring to my posts... I never said anything bad about the profession. I am saying that some men no matter what setting will get the wrong idea... I said I wouldn't put my wife in that position. I have an attractive wife too, I don't want her being a freaking Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader either... To each their own. Some men like it when other men are attracted to their wives, again to each their own...

Just imagine walking into a professional message therapist office and you can pick between a 6-5" 400 pound ugly nasty looking dude or a young hot blonde built like a brick **** house. WHO YOU GOING TO PICK TO RUB YOU DOWN?

No different than going to a check-out line in a store. A natural selection to choose looks. True. BUT........if you NEED a therapist to FIX you (medical massage, which was 90% of our business) you SHOULD choose based upon capabilities. Would you rather have Ernest Borgnine weld your intake pipe, or Richard Simmons? Wait......That isn't a good comparison.;)
At the onset of massage, there is a patient intake form filled out, and it is EXPLICIT about what is and what's NOT allowed or even tolerated. They are also completely covered, male AND female. This is a medical clinic, not a relaxation massage. Though, 10% are just that. Spa centers tailor to that market. They have a 99% female client base, though. The other 1% are gay. No problems there.;) (unless you are a male practitioner.:biggrin: ) Male massae practitioners make good money, too. They are typically stronger and can move more tissue out of the way. Ever had your inner back muscles massaged? They have to go in through your abdomen/stomach and slowly move your intestines, liver, stomach, ect, out of the way....SLOWLY...to get to the inner muscles. (I forgot what this technique is called, I'll have to ask my wife, later) THAT isn't FUN!!! But, if the doc prescribes it, they get it. Interstingly it really works. AFTER you endure the PAIN! It takes a WELL trained therapist to do the job. The training is VERY difficult to get a license. My wife knows more about the muscle anatomy than most doctors. (we have a very close friend that asks her for advice on muscle treatment, and he is a doc with 20+ years of treating people.) I have more anatomy and medical books laying around than I have of Car Craft, Hot Rod........ If your wife really wants to be sought after, she will have to become a true student of human anatomy.

PLEASE don't compare PHYSICIANS to message therapist!!!!!!

PLEASE don't compare PHYSICIANS to message therapist!!!!!!

Never did. Physicians have thier place. Massage therapy has it's place. Massage Therapy is an adjunctive treatment that can have GREAT results. A physician doesn't have time to work a muscle out. They have bigger fish to fry.