Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

I did a quick check and I'm pretty sure I spied the bumper up on the mezzanine in the garage as I left this morning.

I'll confirm tonight.

OK,

I've confirmed I have a fiberglass front bumper for an 86- 87 TR sitting in my garage that will likely never be used by someone who has a campaign that is more deserving.

I run a shop that can paint it (we have done some work on GN a or two, or a lot....) and I'm certain we can prep, paint, finish and then find a suitible box to ship it in, avoiding any damage when in transit.

In addition, I'll pay the shipping. It's not a lot, but I feel it so important that we support each other, in good times and more importantly, in bad times.

Payday is coming soon and I'll donate again like I have since this thread started........

Y'all want this thing?

Well I just got off the phone with Clay. He is in Bowling Green and can't move 10 feet without guys meeting him and chatting about his car...new and old.
He is getting to meet all the involved members that are helping him get his new ride. Shawn O'Conner, Paul Castle,
ScotW...and others.
I really wish I could be there, but my vacation time is in 2 weeks when I go pick up my new engine for my car in Conn. I didn't have enough time to go both places.
I hope everybody has a great time and safe trip.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

OK,

I've confirmed I have a fiberglass front bumper for an 86- 87 TR sitting in my garage that will likely never be used by someone who has a campaign that is more deserving.

I run a shop that can paint it (we have done some work on GN a or two, or a lot....) and I'm certain we can prep, paint, finish and then find a suitible box to ship it in, avoiding any damage when in transit.

In addition, I'll pay the shipping. It's not a lot, but I feel it so important that we support each other, in good times and more importantly, in bad times.

Payday is coming soon and I'll donate again like I have since this thread started........

Y'all want this thing?
Thank you but painting is not necessary. We have several items we have yet to paint for the new car.
I will be in touch thru PM in where to ship it.
Thanks
Coach

I need to be on record as stating..."If I were at Bowling Green right now...I would be being arrested!!!"
That's all I'm saying...

Really? that’s amazing.

If it was me, at the point when this thread was taking off like a cruise missile towards Bagdad, I would have donated the rest of the money, whatever it may have been, and tried to save a little face. His sales couldn’t have gone well.

I’m be making another donation this week. Lets get this F--ker done!

D

Just got back home like 5 minutes ago.
It was great seeing everyone. We got a few things out of the way in terms of needs for the car. I want to thank everyone that took time to talk to me or Scot about this car. I met for the first time quite a few folks and saw quite a few that I already knew. I want all of you to know that you mean a lot to me. The support you all have shown has really lifted me out of a hole, a state of depression, and I am forever grateful for that. The money from the winning bid on Mike's painting was $250!!!! We put that towards a KILLER deal that Miguel offered us on all new lines for the car. Miguel had a complete set of ALL the hard tubing lines fuel/brake/tranny ect that would have cost us over $600 shipped. He ate half of that cost and passed them on to us for $300. Thanks Miguel that was huge. World of Motorworks was there and has contributed substantially. Paul Castle is donating new headlight bezels and grill. He is also stepping up bigtime on the seats. Some will remember that I changed out the front seats for a more comfortable set of non-buick seats. Paul is donating a set of Lear Sieglar seats to the car so that I can have a set of comfortable BUICK seats for the ride. He is also working on deal to get the upolstery done to match the orginal GN scheme so if it works out this will be a unique item. I was caught completely off gaurd with that offer and I can't thank you enough. I was spread pretty thin moving around talking to so many members and vendors and I want ALL of you to know that everything from monetary donations to parts to words of encouragement and wishes of luck are very much appreciated. We are keeping a running list of everyone that stepping in and helping. Please forgive me if I don't mention you specifically by name but my head is still trying to sort out all the names and faces I saw for the first time. Got to give a shout out to TB3!!! That guy appreciates how 'messed up' I am in the head. LOL. Great to meet GNGal in person. She is the best looking board member I've met and I'm not just saying that because she agreed to share a hotel room with me up there....oops, ok I'm not going to tell anyone else.:p
So many people came by to ask 'What happened to THIS car' that I may be hoarse after telling about the ordeal. A ton of folks would say 'So THIS is the Nasty Wendy car' after I started telling of the ordeal. Everyone that saw it couldn't believe that anyone would try to weasel their way out of responsibility by claiming the fire started in the engine compartment due to wiring. I actually watched about 15 minutes of some cars making passes. I am officially a member of 'Team JD' now:cool: . I did not get Jason White's autograph.:( I believe that if it hadn't rained out Saturday that I would have gotten it. I did talk to Jason Kramer.:cool: I also spoke with many vendors who are offering support in many ways. I will have to make a new 'Thank You' thread when the time is right so that I can name them ALL and give them the credit they deserve. Many individuals reached out and made offers of parts and said to call them with whatever I needed. I was on the look out for a front fiberglass bumper and Coach texted me that a board member offered up one. Thanks 'TurboTGuy' that helps us greatly. Sean O'Conner. I cannot sing his praises loud enough. His time, labor, knowledge, and commitment to perfection will be ever present in every detail of the car as can be seen in the pics of the roller. His generosity is enormous. He's given me a short list of a few things we still need that I'll pass on in its own post in this thread and in the 'Parts Wanted' section of the board. My Dad attended the event with me and said he was thoroughly impressed by all the folks he had been hearing me talk about. He said he doubted that people like that really existed. He was amazed by our 'community' and the diversity it represents. I told him he needs to put a V6 in his El Camino but he said that ain't gonna happen. He was complimenting how strong those V6s ran down the track though.

Well the Old charbroiled "Nasty Wendy" made it through a 3.5hr rain trip to finally land in BG.... People were coming up to me asking if I drove my white car and couldn't believe it was actually driven the whole way in the rain, well it was and I would do it over and over again for clay! Here she is sitting on the trailer in BG.....

photo3_zps77f1f847.jpg

photo4_zps69cac8b3.jpg

Here she is all loaded up on Shawn O'Conner's trailer ready to head to PA to it's final destination before the official unveiling!
BG.jpg

I have never met Shawn O'Conner before but he is one hell of a good guy! Brian Lorenz even stopped by to say hi and introduce himself, another great guy to say the least! Clay and his father came buy with a "Stocked" cooler full of drinks that were for Anyone & Everyone!Great people!

I told Shawn that the pictures of clays build process be cut off to Clay at some point so the unveiling has some meaning and that Clay NOT get the car prior to the unveiling at a Buick event.... I think at some point the pictures be cut off from him seeing them and then Shawn, Coach and I will determine which Buick event the car will be unveiled at and have Clay meet us there with a trailer! I am looking forward to seeing Clay's face once the large cover is pulled off his car! Aren't You? :D

Thats awesome! I cant wait to see it. Im going to do my best to be at the unvailing :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

This is great news. I will try to get some of the area guys to go to the unveiling. No better reason to attend my first TR event.

Scott, any idea on a time line? That way people can start planning ahead on vacation time and such.
Maybe next Spring/Summer I’m guessing.

D

How about this. Coach asked about using GTA wheels to give a more authentic look to the car. I have a pair of GTAs that I mounted my Drag Radials on. I told Coach that I had a pair so we'd only need a pair of fronts to have a complete set. He put out a call for a pair of GTA fronts and Robert answered. I got in from Bowling Green in the 'wee' hours of the morning and walked pass a box just inside my door. Well I open the box and there is a pair of GTA fronts. Thanks Robert.

I put this in the 'Parts Wanted' section. Turns out my rear fiberglass bumper is not usable so I'll need a rear fiberglass bumper and the deck lid edge moulding is missing on my car so thats needed as well. Anyone with these parts?
http://turbobuick.com/forums/thread...ip-rear-fiberglass-bumper-nasty-wendy.402957/

I have to also give a huge a thanks to my 'Brother from a Hispanic Mother' Julio Razor Don. Julio stepped up and furnished me with everything I need to replace my Alky Control system that was lost in the fire. This is a huge help and will go a long way in insuring my success as a member of 'TEAM JD'.:D Thanks Brohammer.

Just got back home like 5 minutes ago.
It was great seeing everyone. We got a few things out of the way in terms of needs for the car. I want to thank everyone that took time to talk to me or Scot about this car. I met for the first time quite a few folks and saw quite a few that I already knew. I want all of you to know that you mean a lot to me. The support you all have shown has really lifted me out of a hole, a state of depression, and I am forever grateful for that. The money from the winning bid on Mike's painting was $250!!!! We put that towards a KILLER deal that Miguel offered us on all new lines for the car. Miguel had a complete set of ALL the hard tubing lines fuel/brake/tranny ect that would have cost us over $600 shipped. He ate half of that cost and passed them on to us for $300. Thanks Miguel that was huge. World of Motorworks was there and has contributed substantially. Paul Castle is donating new headlight bezels and grill. He is also stepping up bigtime on the seats. Some will remember that I changed out the front seats for a more comfortable set of non-buick seats. Paul is donating a set of Lear Sieglar seats to the car so that I can have a set of comfortable BUICK seats for the ride. He is also working on deal to get the upolstery done to match the orginal GN scheme so if it works out this will be a unique item. I was caught completely off gaurd with that offer and I can't thank you enough. I was spread pretty thin moving around talking to so many members and vendors and I want ALL of you to know that everything from monetary donations to parts to words of encouragement and wishes of luck are very much appreciated. We are keeping a running list of everyone that stepping in and helping. Please forgive me if I don't mention you specifically by name but my head is still trying to sort out all the names and faces I saw for the first time. Got to give a shout out to TB3!!! That guy appreciates how 'messed up' I am in the head. LOL. Great to meet GNGal in person. She is the best looking board member I've met and I'm not just saying that because she agreed to share a hotel room with me up there....oops, ok I'm not going to tell anyone else.:p
So many people came by to ask 'What happened to THIS car' that I may be hoarse after telling about the ordeal. A ton of folks would say 'So THIS is the Nasty Wendy car' after I started telling of the ordeal. Everyone that saw it couldn't believe that anyone would try to weasel their way out of responsibility by claiming the fire started in the engine compartment due to wiring. I actually watched about 15 minutes of some cars making passes. I am officially a member of 'Team JD' now:cool: . I did not get Jason White's autograph.:( I believe that if it hadn't rained out Saturday that I would have gotten it. I did talk to Jason Kramer.:cool: I also spoke with many vendors who are offering support in many ways. I will have to make a new 'Thank You' thread when the time is right so that I can name them ALL and give them the credit they deserve. Many individuals reached out and made offers of parts and said to call them with whatever I needed. I was on the look out for a front fiberglass bumper and Coach texted me that a board member offered up one. Thanks 'TurboTGuy' that helps us greatly. Sean O'Conner. I cannot sing his praises loud enough. His time, labor, knowledge, and commitment to perfection will be ever present in every detail of the car as can be seen in the pics of the roller. His generosity is enormous. He's given me a short list of a few things we still need that I'll pass on in its own post in this thread and in the 'Parts Wanted' section of the board. My Dad attended the event with me and said he was thoroughly impressed by all the folks he had been hearing me talk about. He said he doubted that people like that really existed. He was amazed by our 'community' and the diversity it represents. I told him he needs to put a V6 in his El Camino but he said that ain't gonna happen. He was complimenting how strong those V6s ran down the track though.

YOU'R WELCOME!!!

How about this. Coach asked about using GTA wheels to give a more authentic look to the car. I have a pair of GTAs that I mounted my Drag Radials on. I told Coach that I had a pair so we'd only need a pair of fronts to have a complete set. He put out a call for a pair of GTA fronts and Robert answered. I got in from Bowling Green in the 'wee' hours of the morning and walked pass a box just inside my door. Well I open the box and there is a pair of GTA fronts. Thanks Robert.

I put this in the 'Parts Wanted' section. Turns out my rear fiberglass bumper is not usable so I'll need a rear fiberglass bumper and the deck lid edge moulding is missing on my car so thats needed as well. Anyone with these parts?
http://turbobuick.com/forums/thread...ip-rear-fiberglass-bumper-nasty-wendy.402957/

You're welcome, glad i could help out... Robert Lee

As an offer of 'thank you' to 87gnguy who volunteered to drive from Panama Florida to my home an pick up and deliver my burned car to Scot's in Tennessee I am giving him my GNX replica wheels. Coach secured whats needed to run GTAs on my car and Casey had interest in the GNX replicas so buddy they are yours. The have 3 wheel caps on them as the 4th one has mysteriously disappeared but I am sending you 4 brand new center caps and you can use the 3 three that are on the wheels as spares. The transport of that car was HUGE and this is IMO a small token of thanks. Reaper was the tag-team driving partner and I will consult with Casey on ideas for a gift for you as well. :DThis should be good.:D Reaper also donated a 'Badassed Fender Cover' so Casey should take that into consideration.:)

I also wanted to show some appreciation to Patrick, the winner of Mike's painting, as I've stated earlier that money went towards a huge need. Thanks man and enjoy that nice piece of art.