HELP: Racetronics Double Pumper wiring help/explanation

karolko

I am finishing up wiring a friends car and he purchased a double pumper from Racetronics with the wiring harness and there is not real explanation on the jumper wires (the 3 sets of 2 pin weatherpack connectors).

From the box there was one weatherpack that had a plug in it with no wiring and two plugs with loops on them.

I assume the plugs with the loops control each individual fuel pump, but i would like to run one pump all the time and have another one turn on via an xfi output at a certain boost.

Can someone quickly clarify or explain to me what they did with there kit. I would greatly appreciate it.

Adrian

the looped ones are the relay controls for the 2 pumps. jumper one, put a hobbs switch on the other. (did you order that optional part?)

the other plugged one is for lights or other indicators that the pumps are on I think..

B

the 2 triggering connectors are nice if you want to switch which pump is primary. makes verifying they work fairly easy.

Wonderful. Thank you for the explanation. Would you happen to know if the jumpers are power or ground? I will do as suggested. I will unplug one and put a trigger system on the other. The XFI trigger outputs are ground so I'd like to find out if I can run it direct or if I will have to use another relay.

Wonderful. Thank you for the explanation. Would you happen to know if the jumpers are power or ground? I will do as suggested. I will unplug one and put a trigger system on the other. The XFI trigger outputs are ground so I'd like to find out if I can run it direct or if I will have to use another relay.

I'm wiring my double 450 setup and with fuelnpumps you always want to use a relay do to what kinda power they can pull .