Help Please

kcdano2017

Looking for honest help. I am looking at putting a new radiator in my 87 GN, i found one in my Regal Gn catalog from classic industries, made by Frostbite "a Holley product" that is claimed to be a direct fit. I even called them today and they said yes it is. On some of the other Gn groups they are saying that it is not. Please help. Here is the link to the radiator in question. https://holley.com/…/radiators/direct_fit_3-row…/parts/FB136

The advert doesn't say it has an engine oil cooler. There is no photo of the front side of the radiator to show the engine oil cooler fittings (front side of the trans cooler fittings).
Did you ask specifically if it had the engine oil cooler as well as the trans cooler?

If it bolts in and fits some will say yes, it fits. Without the engine oil cooler it is not the same and will not work as the original.

If you are able to use the search function, you will find a lot of useful information.

Lots of cars running without the oil cooler but you can get and external oil cooler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You can get a new core put on there if you have a rad shopnearyou.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The easiest solution is you could buy a direct fit radiator from one of the vendors that support this site.

The advert doesn't say it has an engine oil cooler. There is no photo of the front side of the radiator to show the engine oil cooler fittings (front side of the trans cooler fittings).
Did you ask specifically if it had the engine oil cooler as well as the trans cooler?

If it bolts in and fits some will say yes, it fits. Without the engine oil cooler it is not the same and will not work as the original.

If you are able to use the search function, you will find a lot of useful information.

The engine oil cooler fittings are on the engine side of the radiator. As shown in the picture. What you can't see is the front of the radiator where the tranny cooler fittings should be.

The engine oil cooler fittings are on the engine side of the radiator. As shown in the picture. What you can't see is the front of the radiator where the tranny cooler fittings should be.

Thank you, I knew there were some on both front and back sides but didn't remember which was which.
Thank you for the clarification.