Help! Need a transmission shop in North Augusta, SC.

turbotroy

Hey All, title says it all. Was coming home from work and boosted it a lil coming up a hill and with no warning knock gauge went red so got out of it. Went back to green so barely hit the gas again and red came back on. It was making a grinding sound but then stopped, so I eased her the rest of the way home. Got home with it and it sounded like it was coming from the front of car so I pulled the belt off to no avail. The "grinding" was only at idle and after a slight rev. Then I tried putting it in gear and it gives a short shriek and goes into gear a moment later. This happens in drive or reverse. I pulled the inspection cover and the converter bolts are tight. For whatever it's worth, my converter looks identical to the one in the sticky "how to pull a 200 r4" in the trans talk section. Fluid is clean and not burned and trans was driving fine before this happened. I'm not a trans guy so any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Neal's Racing Transmissions in Snellville near Atlanta is who I recommend if you can't find a great builder local to you. Neal's can build you a great trans at an affordable price. They've built two for me. Good luck.

Thanks for the info on Sid Neal, y'all. I checked his website, and all it had for trans was powerglides. Since 2 of you have said the same name, I'll give him a call, as I don't think your running pg's in Tr's.
Thanks again!