Help me identify what replaced my computer

DARTHV6

Anybody want to take a moment and help me identify what's needed to tune my GN? Long story but 15 years ago I had somebody help me tune my car for the track. I used to have Turbolink and a chip. He replaced it with a Speed Pro 30-DCL-ECU that I know NOTHING about. I haven't raced since. (Life, Retirement, Cancer, Etc.) my Nephew is coming and I'm going to show him everything I know about my car and we are taking her to the track.

Where do I start with this electronic setup? Is there software I can buy? How do I tune my car? Anything you can tell me will help since I'm starting with no knowledge.

Thanks!
Art
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You might try the FAST website. Maybe Cal Hartline will know. Speedpro is pre FAST.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

The software is here:

The one you need is:
C-Com WP - For Grey Box FAST ECU

The communication cable is the same as XFI or a BS3

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

The software is here:

The one you need is:

Downloaded!
Thanks! Here's to a good start!

Sent from my SM-
The software is here:

The one you need is:

It came with this cable but the end is female, the same as the input in my computer. Maybe I can find an adapter?image.jpeg

in ccomWP at top of page youll see "help" with a sub file "contents" ..thats the user manual and will help you understand the tables and operation
once you get connected to your ecu goto file> save all tables ...and it will bring up a box that you can name and then save your current GCI (tune) to your laptop so if you fiddle and mess something up you can reload it and get back to where you started

in ccomWP at top of page youll see "help" with a sub file "contents" ..thats the user manual and will help you understand the tables and operation
once you get connected to your ecu goto file> save all tables ...and it will bring up a box that you can name and then save your current GCI (tune) to your laptop so if you fiddle and mess something up you can reload it and get back to where you started

I skimmed through it. Looks intense for sure. Hopefully, It's all connected correctly and I can start fumbling around with tuning. I have to get the correct adapter for the cable. Do you have the similar FAST computer? Do you like it?

Art

ive used classic fast/speedpro (also called bank2bank) for years still run one my X and have put a few in friends cars ..for the cost these go for used you really cant beat it compared to a chip because its a speed density setup that doesnt need a MAF and also has a very good wideband sensor that adjusts the fueling to run the desired Air fue ratio and has a good logger when connected to a laptop. In my other cars Im running XFI which uses a very similar ccom program interface but with some added tables and features with the ability to add input sensors like fuel -oil-alky pressure and have some outputs for things like a second fuel pump as well as having MPH , active learning and lockup something classic doesnt have .
if you search youtube youll find videos for using FAST XFI .. classic fast works very smilar
one dwnside to classic was it didnt have any driving interface meaning you cant see whats going on without having the laptop connected so youd have to install an aftermarket wideband gauge and a knock gauge ,. now you can get the scanmaster G (for xfi/fast) and see A?F and knock as well as all the other avalable info like coolant temp and the SMG logs every time you go wot and SMG has wifi conenctability so you can connect to the ecu through the scanmaster G and dont need to connect the comm cable.

ive used classic fast/speedpro (also called bank2bank) for years still run one my X and have put a few in friends cars ..for the cost these go for used you really cant beat it compared to a chip because its a speed density setup that doesnt need a MAF and also has a very good wideband sensor that adjusts the fueling to run the desired Air fue ratio and has a good logger when connected to a laptop.

I ordered my USB adapter and I'm anxious to get started. I hope (wish) the learning curve is shallow. I've forgotten everything about this car and it only took 15 years! Hopefully, when I get it up and running, you will let me bounce some ideas off you.

Regards,
Art

Pacecarta,
I did what you said and immediately saved the GCT file but I can't open it. Do you know how to open these files?
Thanks,
Art

if you saved the file you should have been able to see the program live on the laptop and your ccom program is now full featured once it made a connection to an ecu

to see and play with the file offline (not connected to the ecu)
open ccom goto file>read all files and find your gct that you saved and click open
now you can veiw it and see whats there and if you make changes you can save it just use a new name
to get that file into the ecu just connect then goto file >read all tables and select the new file and open and it will load it to the ecu and confirm how many bits of the file were overwritten

you can also make changes live when connected and they are instantly saved in the ecu memory so you can shut down and any changes you made will still be in there

if you saved the file you should have been able to see the program live on the laptop and your ccom program is now full featured once it made a connection to an ecu

to see and play with the file offline (not connected to the ecu)
open ccom goto file>read all files and find your gct that you saved and click open
now you can veiw it and see whats there and if you make changes you can save it just use a new name
to get that file into the ecu just connect then goto file >read all tables and select the new file and open and it will load it to the ecu and confirm how many bits of the file were overwritten

you can also make changes live when connected and they are instantly saved in the ecu memory so you can shut down and any changes you made will still be in there
I don't have a read all files but I do have
File
Read all tables
In my documents, I see the file I saved (calibration files) I can open as a Read Only file.
I can right click and have the option to use other apps like Windows, note pad, or the app store (nothing there) It's only 2.3 kilobytes. I'll try a live file tomorrow to see if I did something wrong but it should be something simple because I see the file. Just can't open it!

sorry i meant " read all tables..."

you cant open a gct from windows its just a bunch of bits, you need to open it from ccomWP

sorry i meant " read all tables..."

you cant open a gct from windows its just a bunch of bits, you need to open it from ccomWP
OOPS! nevermind. It's open in CCOMWP and I go to VIEW to look at the tables. OK, now I just have to figure out what all this means!