Help me decide on my wheels and tires!!

blown okie

Chuck Norris Approved
finally gonna get some nice wheels for my car ( currently running stock t-type wheels), im pretty set on getting some Weld RT-S's with the black finished centers! But i cant decide on what size!! should i go with-
skinnies & bigs?- 15x3 & 15x8 or 9
stock size 15x6 or 7 front , 15x8 or 9 rear
17's all around
or 17's front and 15's rear, this is becoming popular on several late models, not sure how it would look on a GN though, this will be my street set of wheels, i have a pair of centerline revs as my dedicated wheels for my slicks, they are 15x8 with 4in. of backspacing and still have ample clearance both inside & outside so i think a 9in wide wheel with 4.25 backspacing on the the rear should be no problem, all opinions, suggestions, pics, etc. welcome!!

There is an entire Wheel and Tire thread on here. It has just about every rim you will want to see. My advise, stay away from the 3 inch rims for a street car. I lived through the Pro Street movement of the late 80-90's. They bend way to easy on potholes. Now your gonna have guys tell you..."Ive run them for years and not an issue." I can post a negative for every positive you will get on that subject. The 5-6 inch rims will serve you very well and hold just about the same size tires. I sold my 3.5's a year after I built my Pro Street car because we were driving to the Hot Rod Supernats and my buddy hit a pothole with his 66 Fairlane and totally screwed the rim. JUNK. Towed the car to the show, and bought a new set of front rims from Summit and had them mounted right there. I then went with a set of 5.5's from Centerline and have had them for almost 20 years.

:D

Or do what I do, have 2 complete sets of T wheels, and one set of 17's. I have 4 T wheels with 225 60 15 street tires, 2 8.5 T wheels for drag radials, and 2 T wheels with slicks. Then 17's with 245 45's up front and 275 40 out back. To go class racing I just throw on the T wheels.

I went with some Billet Specialties "Street Lites".

Rears are: 15"x10", 4.5" rear spacing, tires are 275-60-15's
Fronts are: 15"x7" tires are 215-65-15's (stock size tires and wheels)

or 17's front and 15's rear, this is becoming popular on several late models, not sure how it would look on a GN though!

I'd really like to see this set-up.. I'm into imports also (insert lame joke here).. But recently I saw a 240sx with 750hp running a similar set-up. 18's and 16's maybe. Instantly thought of my GN. Wonder if you or anyone has pictures of other cars while this set-up?